Author Topic: True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)  (Read 18751 times)

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: True battle rifle (Ishapore .308)
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
Haz,
Nice work on the Ishapore!
It looks great. 8)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 889
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 02:12:32 PM »
Got lots of links to Online Sellers.

REMEMBER DO NOT SIGN THE ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!

You need to make copies, sign them and send them to the companies (SOG, AIM, Etc.)  Also always have a blank in your wallet.  Many places will give you a 'dealer' discount (Midway USA does as well as Cabellas).

Thanks for the tip!  I had read not to sign, and figured that out based off needing to send copies of other's FFL when buying, but never thought of the Midway or Cabela's options.  Will let you know when Christmas ... ah ... C&R arrives.

Please don't try and hold your breath till then ... Kitty Fur from mouth to mouth is not my thing ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »
Haz, Very Sweet! Thank you for the pics, the link you put up a couple pages back has the 1891 Argentine Mauser (of which, I'm partial) ;) ;D, and I agree with the title of the post,.,..... True Battle Rifle!

Congrats on the Ishapore!
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 06:36:21 PM »
That was quite a clean up project. I see you were violating all kinds of child labor laws. Good for you, and it's educational to boot!
Very nice piece. I'll have one one day.
Mac. 
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 07:18:24 PM »
That was quite a clean up project. I see you were violating all kinds of child labor laws. Good for you, and it's educational to boot!
Very nice piece. I'll have one one day.
Mac. 

Isn't labor savings (ours) what we have them for?   ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:31:15 AM »

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 06:01:34 AM »
Haz, when I was a kid, I bought a .303 Enfield, mail order, from Kleines Sporting Goods in Chicago. 3 Bucks as I recall. I used gasoline to remove the cosmo. Now it would be cheaper to use 4 million Q-tips wielded by six day laborors from south of the border (I use the term border as if we actually had one anymore).
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 06:42:06 AM »
Well Mac,

If ya got a 3 dollar anything today that you had to use gas to clean, cleaning would be the most expensive part, that's for sure!

BTW, still have the Enfield?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

pgrass101

• Forum Member
    • Defensive Carry
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
I got my Izzie from Aim Surplus about a year ago, and it is a fine rifle. Warning they are ugly when you gat them but as Haz showed they clean up nice.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 10:02:20 AM »
I got my Izzie from Aim Surplus about a year ago, and it is a fine rifle. Warning they are ugly when you gat them but as Haz showed they clean up nice.

Yep!  All you need is brushes, rags, green scrub pads, mineral spirits and a 15 year old to do the work! ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1116
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »
I'm lacking a teenager but my friends are always trying to pawn one off on me. Maybe I'll borrow him for awhile if I get a surplus rifle.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk