Author Topic: Why should I not do this...  (Read 14921 times)

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Why should I not do this...
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 10:18:12 PM »
Can't wait til you get it all done.  Looking forward to the pics
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

ronlarimer

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »
To late to turn back now.  I don't know if I am going to cold blue on top of it and just have the subtle differneces of leave it as is.   What are your thoughts?

Ron

We do not get to pick when the balloon goes up, only how well prepared we are to deal with it.
Balloon Goes Up

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »
I like it!

And I would love to see the affect under some bluing.

I may have to do the same thing to my HD 870...
He who dares wins.  SAS

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »
I don't know. You've kind of got that whole Road Warrior vibe going on right now, and there darn sure isn't another one like it out there. That's a plus. OTOH, a good deep blue is a beautiful thing. I guess if it were me, I'd either buy some nice wood for the stock and fore end and blue it, or keep the plastic and leave it alone (thus saving time and money). Gee, which would I choose? ;D As I said earlier, its an SD pump gun, its never going to be pretty. Yours as is, however, does look pretty bad ass which to me is in keeping with the spirit of the thing. Just my .02.
FQ13

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »
Heck, I kinda liked it in the white.......  ;)

Definitely unique. I think the gun looks kinda cool with the varying colors.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:16:20 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »
Veeeeery interesting!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

ronlarimer

• Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »
I decided the colors were just too bright and it had a ruger rimfire vibe so I put a couple coats of gun blue on it and the results are kind of interesting.  It now looks like it has been a well cared for but hard used truck gun for the last 60-70 years.  I'll post pics tonight.

The original plan was for some pristine walnut stocks, the new plan is for some old police stocks to refinish!
Ron

We do not get to pick when the balloon goes up, only how well prepared we are to deal with it.
Balloon Goes Up

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »
 :o Wow
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

ronlarimer

• Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »
Here are a couple of photos...  They don't quite do it justice.  Maybe I will try in the sun tomorrow.
Ron

Balloon Goes Up

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 07:58:07 PM »
I am somewhat amused. You went to a lot of trouble to make an older gun look, well, older. ;D Now hear me out, that's not a slam. The gun has a worn or "antiqued" look to it. It looks like its been through the wars and is still damn solid and ready to go. I refer to my earlier post when I said it would never be pretty, but could look badass. This qualifies. I kind of liked the punk rock/Mad Max multi color thing you had going on. But this? Its as bad ass. Its got a John Wayne/Clint Eastwood vibe. It seems, at least to me, to say "I'm old, I'm beat up, but you don't want to f@ck with me". And that's really all you need an SD shotgun to say. Leave it alone, it looks just great.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk