Author Topic: Taddling on myself...dumb under stress at 3 gun match  (Read 11195 times)

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Taddling on myself...dumb under stress at 3 gun match
« on: December 14, 2011, 11:49:40 PM »
yeah, during one of the stages with my Remington 1100, the gun went dry, and the bolt locked back like usual.  Well, I threw a shell into the chamber...and then I followed up by throwing another shell in the chamber.  yeah, I just created a double feed situation.
 >:(

I had to flip the shotgun over to get the extra shell out of the chamber... in doing so, it fell to the ground.  I loaded up a few more shells into the mag tube and went onto shooting and was just about done, but left one target standing.  the gun was dry so I had to retrieve the shell that had previously fallen to the ground.

you do some dumb stuff  under stress.
 ???

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Taddling on myself...dumb under stress at 3 gun match
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 02:51:41 AM »
And that is why these competitions, and for that matter paintball, are great learning experiences. Same with sporting clays and skeet for hunting.
FQ13

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 05:26:16 AM »
Competition is a great learning exercise.   I've done some dumb things as well.

Question though:  In most action competition, isn't dropping a gun a DQ?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 07:26:37 AM »

Question though:  In most action competition, isn't dropping a gun a DQ?

Yes, but I think he meant the shell fell to the ground ... Isn't there a song in there somewhere ... A shell fell softly to the ground ...  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:37:17 AM »
Yes, but I think he meant the shell fell to the ground ... Isn't there a song in there somewhere ... A shell fell softly to the ground ...  ;D

Throw in something about pick - up trucks, jail, and trains and you may have a hit.   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:05:58 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:44:10 AM »
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 09:34:50 AM »
Tyler, ...about taddling on yourself...

I have noticed that here on this forum and in personal experience that I tend to trust the view and opinions of those who DO tell of their mistakes, let you know when they don't know about something and let you know the limits of their experience on a topic. 

They are the ones who will be giving opinions and facts as they know them to be true.

We are lucky here on this forum because it is full of folks who have a lot of mistakes to tell about.   :D :D

There are exceptions to my "respecting" those who are honest about their mistakes.....Tex comes to mind   :D :D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 09:48:18 AM »
Along the lines of what Solus said above, recounting your mistakes does a couple of things.  First in engrains it in your memory, second it makes you some what accountable, third keeps you humble, and finally it motivates you to keep it from happening again.

Ask me how I know... ;D

I've never shot a competition but there are other areas I use this technique.
He who dares wins.  SAS

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 11:33:23 AM »
Better for it to happen in competition than to happen in self defense.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ronlarimer

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »
yeah, during one of the stages with my Remington 1100, the gun went dry, and the bolt locked back like usual.  Well, I threw a shell into the chamber...and then I followed up by throwing another shell in the chamber.  yeah, I just created a double feed situation.
 >:(

I had to flip the shotgun over to get the extra shell out of the chamber... in doing so, it fell to the ground.  I loaded up a few more shells into the mag tube and went onto shooting and was just about done, but left one target standing.  the gun was dry so I had to retrieve the shell that had previously fallen to the ground.

you do some dumb stuff  under stress.
 ???

I posted video on my blog of me pulling a holster off my belt on the draw. We all do dumb things, it just matters how we respond. Also the end of every magpul DVD includes bloopers as proof of this fact.
Ron

We do not get to pick when the balloon goes up, only how well prepared we are to deal with it.
Balloon Goes Up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk