Author Topic: Taddling on myself...dumb under stress at 3 gun match  (Read 11194 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
Re: Taddling on myself...dumb under stress at 3 gun match
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »

Mistakes are what you make when you don't have experience.

Experience is what you earn from making mistakes.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 07:32:31 AM »

Mistakes are what you make when you don't have experience.

Experience is what you earn from making mistakes.
And sometimes stuff just happens. ;)
FQ13

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »
Great job in participating. I am hoping to get more involved in competitions next year. Finally earned some vacation time. Great learning lesson Tyler and thanks for sharing.

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 09:28:18 AM »
Doing USPSA I have had so many bloopers.. :)  When I started 3 Gun it just multiplied : ;D  I can blow a shotgun reload in nothing flat.  Heck just trying to keep the slug count in my head, stage the bird shot just right, and then have a miss and foul up the whole mess.. yep, great learning experience.

I had a good one early last year.  I came to a long range stage, so I got down in prone and slung up (high power shooters know what I mean).  I emptied the mag, and then reached for the new one.  I had forgotten to move the carrier to my RIGHT side, behind the pistol holster, where I could reach it with my right hand.  I had a devil of a time trying to reach it before I just had to unsling to get it with my left.  Now THAT cost me some time..  Now I use two of them, one on each side.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
the first year I shot Kyle Lamb's North Carolina Tactical match they had a house clearing with facial recognition of no shoots...high round count, at least 5 rooms to clear... started with only 20rds in the carbine, then transitioned to pistol...the 8x10 full face photos of the no shoot targets were in manila folders, but had a photo on the outside of the folder other than what was inside the folder... in addition there were several full time no shoots... Ronald Regan, Charleton Heston, and a baby... the no shoots were Christian Slater, Brad Pitt, Arnold, Antonio Bandaras and a couple others....things were going well until the buzzer sounded...grabbed the folder with Brad Pitt on the outside, opened it up and there was Bandaras as a no shoot....by the second room, the AR mag was empty so naturally when I transitioned to the pistol started shooting Bandaras and not Pitt....when I cleared the pistol, I turned to the Delta operator that was the RO and said, "I really F....that up didn't I?...he said not really sir, you made it half way thru"....

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:39:20 AM »

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 01:26:39 AM »
^^^sounds interesting

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 06:58:21 AM »

We are lucky here on this forum because it is full of folks who have a lot of mistakes to tell about.   :D :D

HEY!  Wait a minute.  I just caught that.   I resemble that remark.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk