Author Topic: Any feedback on the new InSight forearm on Mossberg 500/590's?  (Read 4456 times)

TheCommodore

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Greetings, all.I saw this first on another show's discussion of SHOTshow 2012, and I liked the idea! So, I've been looking at this Mossberg 500 that was in stock at my local Academy. (None of the other usual gun dealers in my area had any in stock, and actually, a couple of them haven't heard of it yet. But it's in the 2012 Mossberg guide.

It's a standard 500, all black, but it has this real neat InSight LED light built into the forearm. It runs on a single CR123 battery and it has two activation pads on the sides, along with an on/off switch.

My problem is that there was no specific manual included with the weapon on the InSight. One of the salesman got it to go into strobe mode. I can't get it to go into strobe mode. I can do momentary, and 2 clicks turns it solid on, with a 3rd click turning it off.

Other than that, it's great. I think it's 130 lumens, which is quite bright. I had a bracket and a Mini-Mag on one before, but this is much more elegant. But... what do YOU think?

TheCommodore

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Any feedback on the new InSight forearm on Mossberg 500/590's?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »
  I know it's kinda rude to reply to yourself, but I did get a copy of the supplement that's supposed to go with the shotgun. To activate the strobe feature, you click twice on either of the rubber triggers, AND HOLD IT DOWN. About a second later, the strobe starts up, and it stays strobing as long as you're holding a trigger down. Let up on the trigger, and the strobe turns off.

Neato!

TheCommodore  :-)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
Re: Any feedback on the new InSight forearm on Mossberg 500/590's?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum. It's good to know you got it straightened out.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk