Author Topic: Stoeger issue, (continued)  (Read 5862 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Stoeger issue, (continued)
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »
The Stoeger never did run consistently, reliably. It came closer with heavy shot, or so I thought, but I broke it out again last weekend because I came across the +5 tube that I picked up "way back when" and took it to the smitty to put it on. (There's a little nub that holds the retention ring in the end of the magazine that I wanted to have somebody better than I to grind off).
I was happy till I took it out and ran it. It was doing the same thing it was at first..
I got on Youtube last night and found LOTS of folks who have the exact same issues..
Here's an example but the guy is hard to listen to..

I sent an email to "Benelli", (not Stoeger), and I got a phone call back in a couple of hours.
Prepaid UPS label to come tomorrow. I'd don't think flattening out the spring is gonna fix it. It will have to be at least bound at the last few loops, or get the Benelli.....
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Timothy

Re: Stoeger issue, (continued)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »
Son in law gave up on his!  Sold it after one season of headaches.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
Talked to Benelli for half an hour today. It's on it's way to Maryland.
The thing that annoys me is the guy saying "Don't believe everything you see on the Internet".. Sunday, I was having the issues described (demonstrated) exactly, by the guy in the video, and FTF and FTE issues..
I told the guy to have em run more than 10 rounds before they call it good. I suspect that they won't get it "fixed". Maybe they'll decide to send me a Benelli for my troubles..

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »
Interesting..
Got a call this afternoon from the head gunsmith at Benelli. He said that the pistol grip was contributing to the unreliable nature of the gun. That doesn't make sense since it came ON THE GUN, unless it really is as poorly engineered as folks are accusing it of being..
He said that in order to make it run right, I need to lose that, the recoil reducer, (sold for that model) and the extended mag tube. I can go along with everything except the mag tube. Round count is critical on this one. It's not a "sport gun"..
I don't know exactly what it means but he said that he may have to "get me in a different one". I'm cool with that, depending on what it is. I don't want another Stoeger, (unless it's a stainless SxS Coach Gun). Not interchangeable with desired application though..
Update complete for today..

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »
It sounds like they are trying to serve their customer but only just barely. 

I understand the limited resources, I have that problem at times as well, but buy once, cry once.  Especially when it comes to life saving equipment.
He who dares wins.  SAS

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:10:37 AM »

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »
Guy called me back this morning. It's done..
The verdict is kinda what he told me yesterday.
He replaced the stock and lost the recoil reducer. He said he ran 20 rounds, (2 magazines worth) of 3 dram, 1 1/8 oz, which he says is minimum load, and it ran.. Kept the +5 mag extension..
I'm a little concerned at that, but if it gives me a problem after this, I think he'll replace it with something else.
I've got another lawnmower repair bill coming at me at the first of the month, but as I can, I'm gonna run a couple of hundred rounds of the lightest practical through it and see if it's reliable.

He mentioned that they don't make the 2000 anymore, because it's a crappy gun, (paraphrasing, of course)..

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 08:37:01 PM »
Should be back by Friday..
Let you know after the lawnmower gets finished with me..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk