Author Topic: My Dad has moved on  (Read 16367 times)

fullautovalmet76

Re: My Dad has moved on
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 07:14:41 PM »
Ditto what everyone else said....I'm sorry to read this, as it must be hard for you now.....

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »
CJ, could not read the obit, but none the less, this is hard stuff, at least it was for me, dad is still going on at 80, Lost mom at 60, just 10 yrs ago tomorrow, good stuff has been said here, and I herald it, He will live on in your life as you lead it, and pass his legacy onto your kids, and or family. Still leaves an empty hole in the spirit where He used to be, Physically. Try to fill it with the younger family, getting to know the nieces and nephews and let them know what your dad was all about, and allow them in to fill that place.

May your father sit at the right hand of God, and share coffee with those who went before him, that he cared about.

M25 who is not over his mother yet. She was the good stuff, my M14 is named Myrna, after her. It is the only firearm I own that has a name.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 04:48:42 AM »
CJ, sorry for your loss.  Your dad is in a better place and you will always carry memories in your heart and head.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
CJ,
Sorry for your loss.  I wish the best for you and your family during these times.  Remember you have friends here if you need anything.  Take care.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
My condolences CJ. I'm sure he's with the Lord as it should be!
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:56:45 AM »

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 10:42:41 AM »
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I just wanted to show you all a card two of my grandchildren made for me. Katherine is nine and Luke is three.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
CJ,

I haven't been on the forum much lately and I missed this somehow.

Please allow me to add my condolences.  As you know I went through this not long ago.  It does get 'easier', especially as you catch yourself 'sounding like Dad' and seeing him not only in yourself but in your off spring as well.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 10:41:14 PM »
CJS3,

You and I are in the same boat.  I just ran across this today.  Holes shaped like Dad don't fill easily.  Words are nice but don't begin to do the job so I won't try.  I will  pray, however.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 09:05:08 PM »
Well described Bros. no further comment.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »
I am sorry to hear about your loss.  Please know that the best of him lives on in you, your children, and grandchildren.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk