Author Topic: A Simple Steak  (Read 10039 times)

Timothy

A Simple Steak
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:36:05 PM »
Been meaning to try this for a while...

2 lb rib eye.....about 3" thick, well marbled (aged if possible)

Room temperature, liberal seasoning with sea salt, I use grey and some EVOO, let sit to let the salt permiate the beef.

Make a rub of salt, cracked pepper and sesonings of your choice (I use Old Bay, hell I'd put that stuff on ice cream) and rub it in liberally.

In a smoking hot cast iron griddle pan, sear both sides about three minutes each and then toss the whole griddle pan and steak into a 375 degree oven and set the timer for about 12-15 minutes.  Check internal temperature and remove steak when it reaches 135-140 degrees for medium rare.  Let the steak rest loosely covered with foil for 10 minutes.

Slice 1/2"-3/4" pieces and serve....good for three generous servings.

Like "Butta"......

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Simple Steak
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:03:28 AM »
I'll have to give this a try. Not sure about the Old Bay however.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:44:50 AM »
I'll have to give this a try. Not sure about the Old Bay however.

Whatever you like Don....

I know OB is a seafood seasoning but google the recipe and it's not that far off of some steak rubs with a little extra herbs thrown in for good measure.  I use it on everything depending on my mood.

It's fine with nothing but salt and pepper too, it's about the steak and how you like it...

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »
That's the way I do it up, nothing better!! 

Also anyone that uses "steak sauce" is doing something way wrong. Done right there's no need to f'up a great steak.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:33:23 PM »
That's the way I do it up, nothing better!!  

Also anyone that uses "steak sauce" is doing something way wrong. Done right there's no need to f'up a great steak.

GOD FORBID!

It's not allowed in my house, even my wife won't touch it.

;)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:37:10 AM »

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 12:39:16 PM »
GOD FORBID!

It's not allowed in my house, even my wife won't touch it.

;)

I believe it was the 11th commandment!  ;)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »
sounds good, Its about 19 degrees and blowing snow here now. I have a porterhouse Im gonna grill out later. I like the sprinkle on herbs and spices, have a new blend Ill try later. And a baked potatoe of course.  ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
Been meaning to try this for a while...

2 lb rib eye.....about 3" thick, well marbled (aged if possible)

Room temperature, liberal seasoning with sea salt, I use grey and some EVOO, let sit to let the salt permiate the beef.

Make a rub of salt, cracked pepper and sesonings of your choice (I use Old Bay, hell I'd put that stuff on ice cream) and rub it in liberally.

In a smoking hot cast iron griddle pan, sear both sides about three minutes each and then toss the whole griddle pan and steak into a 375 degree oven and set the timer for about 12-15 minutes.  Check internal temperature and remove steak when it reaches 135-140 degrees for medium rare.  Let the steak rest loosely covered with foil for 10 minutes.

Slice 1/2"-3/4" pieces and serve....good for three generous servings.

Like "Butta"......

Just did this same technique with a 2-1/2 lb Porterhouse but kept the seasonings to sea salt and cracked pepper, dash of EVOO...

YUUUMMMMYYYYY!!!! ;)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
On steak I am a salt and pepper guy, both coarse ground with EVOO, room temp for sure, and usually on the grill, I recently got turned on to Old Bay, it is fantastic on fish, pork and chicken. Might try it on beef, but I really like the beef flavor to come out. Tonight it looks like beef fajitas with skirt steak. Yum.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 12:36:54 PM »
It is extremely important to quit screwing around, and get that cholesterol level up to around 320 where the hell it belongs!  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk