Author Topic: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!  (Read 25671 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
« on: August 25, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »
OK,  I hate to (and can't) Type but here goes.

Teresa, the wonderful. magnificent, mother of all cooks was beneficent enough to grace me with her fried chicken recipe.

I did four separate cookings.

The first was under salted (my fault)

The second was right on for salt

The third I added paprika and pepper flakes. (good!)

The fourth I also added garlic salt  (PUUUURRRRFECT!!!)

In all, I would put this recipe (M'Ettes) against ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It turns out crispy, juicy, and DELICIOUS!  Remember this is coming from a first time chicken frier and I would put MY batch up against MOST others (actually if it wasn't yer Mom's I will win!)  it is THAT GOOD and really simple!

M'ette is a GODDESS in the kitchen and I bow to her superior knowledge and expertise and THANK her for passing it on!

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »
M'Ette needs to put her receipe thread wherever it is.  Also all those hints and suggestions from your jerked chicken thread.  Then we need to do the DRTV cookbook.

Glad to hear it worked out well Haz.  Now I'm getting hungry.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »
M'Ette needs to put her receipe thread wherever it is.  Also all those hints and suggestions from your jerked chicken thread.  Then we need to do the DRTV cookbook.

Glad to hear it worked out well Haz.  Now I'm getting hungry.

Or could the girl altleast give me a PM? Good grief! I like fried chicken too. Who do you got to kill around here to get that recipe!?!?!?!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 06:49:02 PM »
Or could the girl altleast give me a PM? Good grief! I like fried chicken too. Who do you got to kill around here to get that recipe!?!?!?!

Hey Eric, Remember this ?

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=7477.0

Discretion, it leads to better food  ;D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 06:54:16 PM »
Hey Eric, Remember this ?

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=7477.0

Discretion, it leads to better food  ;D

You're absolutely right.

What was I thinking..... I dont need to be asking her for the recipe..... She should have dinner on the table waiting for me when I get home!

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:12:11 AM »

Johnny Bravo

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 07:41:40 PM »
"That's just Great Haz"             Tell us how wonderful it is and we don't have the recipe. I see how this works now. You ask us for cooking ideas and try to help. You get a good recipe and .............
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »
You may have the chicken recipe your coveting,....

But I'll still get em with my Mojo Clams... ;D

Alright Haz,...what do we have to do to suck up, politely request, the fried chicken recipe,...

It's real lard isn't it??? ;)

Julia Child would be proud....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 09:58:43 PM »
Since I have not been blessed with the recipe, old fashioned, southern fried chicken.

1) soak the chicken in a salt brine overnight. In the fridge of course.
2) DOUBLE batter the chicken, flour, then eggwash, the flour again, flour should be seasoned, garlic, red pepper flakes or just what you like...
3) Now cook in the skillet, 6 mins open, then put the lid on, 6 mins closed, Turn, and repeat, 6 mins open, to crisp the batter, then again 6 mins closed, and now you have southern fried chicken, great out of the gate, and wonderful on a picnic, which means great cold or room temp. The size of the pieces does matter, as far as cooking time, but not too much. This is for a normal dissected chicken.

Enjoy
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 10:00:51 PM »
You may have the chicken recipe your coveting,....

But I'll still get em with my Mojo Clams... ;D

Alright Haz,...what do we have to do to suck up, politely request, the fried chicken recipe,...

It's real lard isn't it??? ;)

Julia Child would be proud....

NOPE!

I would be happy to give the recipe and my twists BUT I do not have the OK from M'ette to give it out!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »
With M25operators recipe, add a half teaspoon of rosemary and thyme and that is the same batter and recipe for my boneless pork chops.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk