Author Topic: IWB Holster for J-Frame  (Read 4756 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
IWB Holster for J-Frame
« on: February 26, 2016, 09:05:36 AM »
I normally carry a J-Frame with .357 mags when working around the house.  And I have a Uncle Mikes soft IWB holster that has worked well for me.  BUT, I've read a number of incidents where the soft material has allowed for foreign object to work their way to the trigger and cause a ND.

I'm look for a hard holster, leather or Kydex, with a single belt clip.  I've tried "tucks" and they don't work for me.  My choices are limited because I have a 3" M60, not the normal 1-7/8 to 2-1/8 that are so much more prevalent. 

One I found is from DFW Holsters.  Amazingly, it's cheaper to order direct than from Amazon.  So I ordered one today.  $39.99, no-tax & free shipping.   Anybody with experience with DFW?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: IWB Holster for J-Frame
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 01:26:00 PM »
have you tried a galco carry light?   i use one for my colt detective when its not in the back pocket.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »
I have an Uncle Mike's and a Galco.  I prefer the Uncle Mike's for in my pocket with this gun.  The Galco allows items to get in as well, and this is why We do not carry anything in the pocket with the gun.

The most recent Uncle Mike's issue has happened with many products, including leather, kydex, and leather/kydex combos.  The guy got his shirt tail tucked in the holster while reholstering.  Personal error cannot be blamed on a product.  Well, it can, but ...
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »
I have an Uncle Mike's and a Galco.  I prefer the Uncle Mike's for in my pocket with this gun.  The Galco allows items to get in as well, and this is why We do not carry anything in the pocket with the gun.

The most recent Uncle Mike's issue has happened with many products, including leather, kydex, and leather/kydex combos.  The guy got his shirt tail tucked in the holster while reholstering.  Personal error cannot be blamed on a product.  Well, it can, but ...

While I do agree on this point, I will also submit that on some of my old flimsy Uncle Mikes from years back (the reason I tossed them is because they were made of such a soft material) the trigger could be manipulated through the material itself.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 04:28:21 PM »
Check out FIST Holsters.  They can/will make just about anything you want.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:31:51 AM »

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 08:37:09 PM »
Simply Rugged....I carry a Model 60 in one almost every day . Great IWB.
Best Wishes, Mike.

chrisamim

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 12:52:13 PM »
Also take a look at  Tucker Gun Leather, their Cover-Up series of IWB, that I really like.
http://www.tuckergunleather.com/inside-the-waistband-iwb-holsters
cam

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 03:24:15 PM »
Like the Tucker.   Have put it on the "buy" list for the future.

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 07:02:27 AM »
Got the DFW holster and have worn it for the past week.

It's great for around the house.  I'm not terribly concerned with concealment when I'm working around the house.  As I've said before, I wear this Inside The Belt, not the waist band.   I like the easy of putting it on and taking it off and having the belt hold it close to my body.  I always have my shirt tail out, so it's mostly covered.   I like how the gun sits deep in the holster.    Here's  a picture of it with my outer shirt off.    For a $35 Kyodex it is a great buy.

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk