Author Topic: I Just Saw FiFi  (Read 4331 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
I Just Saw FiFi
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »
Getting ready for church and heard an airplane fly directly over the house.  It was FiFi, a B-29 at low altitude.  It headed NW from my home, swung over Hominy, OK and flew back directly over my house in a bank a second time at 1,000 ft or less. 

It had a P-51 flying around it. 

Really KEWL.

The Tulsa Air & Space museum is having an airshow.  If I had the $595 I'd get a ride....maybe later in life.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

Re: I Just Saw FiFi
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:12:49 AM »
Not often do you see a Superfortress flying overhead!

Never is more the case 'round these parts!

BAC

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
No photos...didn't happen.  Just kidding.  I love air shows!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
No photos...didn't happen.  Just kidding.  I love air shows!

Maybe later...I caught him in a 3rd pass between the dam and where I live...about a mile away in a bank.  I'll post it if it isn't too blurry.

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:26:33 AM »
On the anniversary of Doolittle's raid, we had 19 or 20 B-25's flying around for about a week.  You could not only hear them, you could feel them when they flew at low altitude.  The USAF Museum is just a couple of miles away.  Whenever O'bummer comes around, Air Force one lands at WPAFB.  Cool seeing the plane.  Not so much the POTUS.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:25:40 PM »

BAC

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »
On the anniversary of Doolittle's raid, we had 19 or 20 B-25's flying around for about a week.  You could not only hear them, you could feel them when they flew at low altitude.  The USAF Museum is just a couple of miles away.  Whenever O'bummer comes around, Air Force one lands at WPAFB.  Cool seeing the plane.  Not so much the POTUS.

I love the USAF museum!  I used to go every time I was in the area visiting stores.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »
In March 76 I was at the Confederate Air Force museum in Harlingon Tx and touched Fifi while they were restoring it.
I understand they have since moved Mercedes and expanded to other Western states as well.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
FiFi is flying out of OKC next week.  I've got to sell something to get a seat on that thing.

Anybody round here wanna buy a bass boat?

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »

There she is about a mile away on the third pass around.  I wish I could have gotten pics on the second pass when she was banking over the house at around 500'.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 07:11:42 PM »
I was sitting down at North Beach in Hampton one summer day, bikes had been going by then I heard what sounded like Harley's, but from the wrong direction.
It was the B 17 "All American" flying up the coast out of Pease (Former SAC Base).
I looked around and the young people were doing beach stuff, Every old guy in sight was looking at that plane.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk