Author Topic: 2nd Mexican helicopter sighted in U.S. airspace  (Read 3539 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2nd Mexican helicopter sighted in U.S. airspace
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:36:50 AM »
By LYNN BREZOSKY
SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS NEWS
April 2, 2010, 12:10AM

BROWNSVILLE — The U.S. Department of Defense said it was investigating the second sighting within three weeks of a Mexican military helicopter flying in U.S. airspace over rural Zapata County.

“The incident did occur and it's still under investigation,” department spokeswoman Maj. Tanya Bradsher said, confirming that the copter, believed to belong to the Mexican navy, was seen Sunday.

Rick Pauza, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman, earlier in March confirmed a Mexican military helicopter hovered as long as 20 minutes on March 9 over a residential area near Falcon Lake, a reservoir on the Rio Grande.

He said CBP officials who lived in the neighborhood were among those who saw it.

Pauza said the helicopter crossed back without incident and that once the sighting was reported up the chain of the command “that was the extent of it.”

On Thursday, he said he was not aware that Sunday's reported sighting had been confirmed.

“In general, in situations where there is an actual incursion those situations are reviewed by both the United States and Mexico. They are taken seriously,” Pauza said.
Agents sent to the scene

Jason Darling, a U.S. Border Patrol spokesman in Laredo, said Border Patrol agents responded to the scene of “a report originating from the community” within a half-hour of receiving it Sunday but did not see the helicopter themselves.

He said the copter was reported near U.S. 83 between Zapata and Laredo.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said Sunday's sighting was the second one confirmed, but several others were reported to him during the past two weeks that he couldn't be sure enough about to forward to the federal government.

Gonzalez said the unconfirmed incursions occurred on March 20 and on Monday and Tuesday and were reported to him by a deputy, a local news reporter, and a federal officer who the sheriff said has since been muzzled by higher-ups.

“I don't want to get him involved because it sounds like they're going to fire him for saying the truth,” Gonzalez said of the officer.
Dismissed, at first

But Gonzalez said he didn't pass along those reports to federal officials because he wasn't sure about them.

He said federal officials initially rebuffed his initial reports of the March 9 and Sunday sightings, which he made to the Joint Operations Intelligence Center because he had photos from witnesses and a pretty good idea that they were Mexican military operations.

When Gonzalez told the officials he had photos, however, they blamed their lack of knowledge of it on faulty radar, he said.

Then other federal officials confirmed the incidents to reporters.

“It's becoming more common now every day,” he said. “My problem is we find these things out through our media instead of our government. It goes to show how incompetent I guess our government is.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6939900.html

Bold is mine

comments at link
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
Re: 2nd Mexican helicopter sighted in U.S. airspace
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:21:46 PM »
Let's just prove this the same way the Commies proved the existence of the U2. And with a chopper it's easy. It's called RPG.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

rojawe

• Top Forum Member
  • To the Republic for which it stands One Nation
  • Liked:
EMPLOYERS STOP THE FLOOD E-VERIFY WORKS

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »
Let's just prove this the same way the Commies proved the existence of the U2. And with a chopper it's easy. It's called RPG.

Or a good ol' boy and a well aimed '06.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:25:21 PM »

;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:30:45 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 02:30:07 PM »
Even a .22 round into the turbine will do very bad things. When you have parts turning at close to 50,000 RPM, it's amazing how little it takes to make things run amok! A small bird damn near took this one out:   Bill T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNpB-8_BSo

Jackel

• life member of the American Honketonk bar association
  • Top Forum Member
  • F150 n' a 30-06
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »
maybe their gonna retake texas  ;D
you are a redneck when You think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.

You know your a redneck You ever got too drunk to fish.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 02:27:03 AM »
How do you tell if its a mexican chopper? Are they shaped like a burito?
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:06:17 AM »

Exactly . . . .  8)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

BAC

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 07:16:26 AM »
How do you tell if its a mexican chopper? Are they shaped like a burito?

;D ;D They don't fly across the border, but sneak across in the bed of a pickup truck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk