Author Topic: 24 Hours Later, The Anti Gun Legislation Proposal  (Read 16667 times)

tombogan03884

Re: 24 Hours Later, The Anti Gun Legislation Proposal
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 10:40:57 PM »

Because they are liars who make stuff up.

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 10:43:21 PM »
My point EXACTLY!    >:(
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 04:13:46 AM »
now where dose this look familar.... 

ahh that's right  1996

took them 2 weeks to change the laws here after PA

as I emailed earlyer today ( when I was at work )

here is what is being said over here  :'( :'( :'(
Gun-control laws may be introduced to Congress after shooting of Gabrielle Giffords

Congresswoman shot, six killed in shooting
Astronaut tells of shock as sister-in-law shot
Documents hint suspect planned an attack
A US politician plans to introduce gun control laws to Congress following the shooting in Arizona that killed six people and left one of her colleagues in a critical condition.

Democratic Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy, from New York, told Politico she could introduce gun-control laws, possibly within the next 24 hours.
The bill could target the high-powered assault weapon allegedly used by Jared Loughner in the Tuscon shooting, in which he fired up to 20 rounds. The victims included a nine-year-old girl and a senior judge.

Mr Loughner has been charged over the shooting. Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is undergoing vital brain surgery after being shot point blank in the head.

America is reeling from the shooting which has sparked debate about whether Loughner may have been at least partly inspired by inflammatory political rhetoric from conservative leaders such as Sarah Palin. It has also kick-started a debate about gun control.

Rep McCarthy's is one of America's best-known advocates for gun control. Her husband was murdered by a gunman with a high-powered weapon on a train in 1993.

However she is unlikely to seek outright bans on certain types of weapons, which would draw strident opposition from America's vocal gun lobby. Instead, she is proposing limits on the type of high-capacity magazine that Loughner used in Tuscon.

"We need to look at those and say, 'Why should an average citizen be able to have that?'" she told Newsday.

"If you have a semiautomatic and can't take someone down with a standard clip, you shouldn't have one."

She told Politico she planned to speak with the newly-installed Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives, John Boehner, about the legislation.

"We need to look at how this is going to work, to protect people, certainly citizens, and we have to look at what I can pass,” she told Politico.

Shock reaches space

The shooting has left NASA reeling. Ms Giffords' astronaut husband was due to rocket away in just three months as perhaps the last space shuttle commander - and his twin brother is currently on the International Space Station.

Shuttle commander Mark Kelly rushed to his wife's hospital bedside Saturday as his brother, Scott, did his best to keep updated on the Arizona shooting through Mission Control, the internet and the lone phone aboard the space station.

"I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, words of condolences and encouragement for the victims and their families of this horrific event," Scott Kelly tweeted from space.

"My sister-in-law, Gabrielle Giffords is a kind, compassionate, brilliant woman, loved by friends and political adversaries alike - a true patriot. What is going on in our country that such a good person can be the subject of such senseless violence?"

The chief of the astronaut office broke the news to Scott Kelly that a gunman had shot his sister-in-law at a political gathering in Tucson soon after it happened on Saturday.

National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) officials said yesterday it was premature to speculate on whether Mark Kelly would step down as commander of the April flight of the shuttle Endeavour.

"It is premature to speculate on any of this,'' NASA spokesman James Hartsfield said in an email on Sunday.

"For now, the focus is on supporting Mark and Scott, and things need to be taken day by day, and all thoughts are with the victims."

Documents suggest suspect lonely, troubled

Earlier, documents found at the home of the man charged over the Arizona mass shooting show the suspect was barely coherent but ruthlessly focused on his goal.
Evidence recovered from Mr Loughner's home - and posted on his YouTube channel - show a troubled and lonely man who may have suffered from mental problems.
In recent YouTube videos (view below) which hint at his plans to carry out some kind of attack, Loughner talks about believing he is a sleepwalker and a "conscience dreamer". The texts of the videos contain rambling arguments including concerns about the value of currency and mind control.
It has also been revealed today that Loughner was rejected by the US Army because of a history drug use.
Military officials confirmed to Fox News Channel that Mr Loughner had failed a urine test, disqualifying him for service.
Earlier, The Washington Post reported that Mr Loughner, 22, wrote in an online post that he had tried to sign up for the army in Phoenix. The Army confirmed yesterday that he had tried to enlist but been rejected.
A picture in the yearbook of his high school in Tucson, Arizona showed a shaggy-haired boy allowing just a small smile. Classmates recounted a steady downward spiral until last year he was kicked out of a community college.
"I think he slowly descended in a psychotic break. Something in him snapped. He wasn't always like this," Caitie Parker, who went to high school with Loughner, wrote on Twitter.
A Loughner profile posted on YouTube listed Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels'sThe Communist Manifesto and Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf among his favourite books. Claims have also emerged that Loughner may have links to the anti-Semitic race hate group American Renaissance.
A spokesman for the group however, said he had never heard of Loughner and could find no evidence he has ever attended any of the organisation's events or subscribed to the group's publications.
Instead a series of excerpts from his web videos say:
*  "I can't trust the current government because of fabrications. The government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar."
* “I know who’s listening: Government Officials, and the People. Nearly all the people, who don’t know this accurate information of a new currency, aren’t aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn’t have happen.
* “I’m a sleepwalker - who turns off the alarm clock. Jared Loughner is conscience dreaming at this moment.”
* “I’m able to control every belief and religion by being the mind controller!"
* A video titled "America: Your last memory in a terrorist country!," in which a figure in dark clothing and a smiley-face mask burns an American flag in the desert.
* A MySpace page, which was since been removed including a mysterious "Goodbye friends" message which exhorted his friends to "Please don't be mad at me."
The suspected Arizona gunman reportedly wrote "I planned ahead" and "My assassination" on an envelope along with the name of Ms Giffords.

http://www.news.com.au/world/gun-control-laws-may-be-introduced-to-congress-after-shooting-of-gabrielle-giffords/story-e6frfkyi-1225985124851#ixzz1Act81cE1

here is the newsday article
 http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/mccarthy-seeks-ban-on-weapon-used-in-arizona-1.2598137
Rep. Carolyn McCarthy said she will seek to ban the type of high-capacity semi-automatic-weapon magazines used by the shooter in Saturday's Arizona rampage that killed six people and critically wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.).
McCarthy (D-Mineola) said she will introduce legislation this week to ban the larger magazines, or clips, illegal nationally for 10 years before the Clinton-era assault weapons ban expired in 2004. Such clips remain illegal in New York State under a similar law.
"Looking at the number of clips that he was able to fire, from 15 to 20 rounds, we need to look at those and say, 'Why should an average citizen be able to have that?' " McCarthy told Newsday. "If you have a semiautomatic and can't take someone down with a standard clip, you shouldn't have one."
PHOTOS: Arizona Rep. Giffords and the shooting scene
MORE: Complete coverage of the Tucson shooting
Standard Glock pistol clips hold up to 15 rounds of ammunition, according to the manufacturer's website. CBS News reported the high-capacity clip used in the Tucson shooting held up to 33 rounds, meaning a shooter can discharge more than twice as many bullets before having to reload.
Clips holding more than 10 bullets made after 1994 were illegal under the assault weapons ban signed that year by President Bill Clinton, but the ban was allowed to expire in 2004.
McCarthy is a leading gun control advocate whose political rise came after the 1993 Long Island Rail Road shooting in which Colin Ferguson used a high-capacity clip to kill her husband and wound her son.
She is planning a formal announcement on the legislation Monday and will introduce the bill when the House returns to session. Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) suspended business after the Giffords shooting.
McCarthy, who has offered similar bills in recent years that stalled, said she has no illusions that restricting gun rights will be easy with the GOP controlling the House.
"I know that I will not be able to save every life in every situation, but that doesn't mean that we should not do anything," she said Sunday night.

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 05:51:17 AM »
Time to ban semi-automatic pistols in NSW
The Greens NSW are renewing their call for a complete ban on
semi-automatic handguns, responding to the fatal shootings in Arizona
over the weekend.
"The shootings in Arizona are a cautionary tale for NSW – we need a
total ban on semi-automatic pistols," NSW Greens MP David Shoebridge
said.
"Semi-automatic pistols are deadly weapons which have no place in our
society. The events in Arizona are showing us the potential tragedy
involved in their continued circulation.
"Semi-automatic pistols are available and in circulation in NSW. The
only barriers to an Arizona-style tragedy in NSW are time and chance. 
"In order to gain the support of the Shooters Party, the Labor
Government over the past eight years has continually eroded NSW's gun
control laws. Given their silence on the issues, we  can expect the
Coalition to be little different," Mr Shoebridge said.

---
David Shoebridge
Greens MLC

and they are trying to use what Happened in AZ  to hit us again 
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 06:15:43 AM »
and they are trying to use what Happened in AZ  to hit us again  
Man up Phil. Tell them to f..k off. Gun rights advocates in Oz will lose time and again if you defend gun ownership as a hobby or sport. Any rational person will say that public safety outweighs a pastime. Its only when people understand that using deadly force (by whatever means) to defend life, property and liberty is a fundamental human right, that you will gain traction. Unless and until you have a castle doctrine that says you can use deadly force, whether from a cricket bat or a Glock, and have that be accepted you lose. I had a prof who asked "Why do you need more thn a single shot rifle to kill a moose"? It was a fair question. My response was "I don't want to kill a moose. I might however, need to kill an intruder, or maybe even a cop or a soldier". That's the crux of the thing. Shooting as a sport loses. Being able to protect yourself and your family as a right, and a check on government will win. Good luck.
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:57:39 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 07:32:47 AM »
FQ13 who says that tar, feathers and thin rails should be strictly regulated!!!!!!
PS, Note to the feds, I'm joking. And BTW it was a lone nut job! Repeat after me, a lone nut job, not part of any oganized movement. Associating this guy with the Tea Party is like blaming Greenpeace for the Unabomber.

FIFY, Quaker.

A loan nut job would be a nut job borrowed for the occasion.
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 08:35:18 AM »
I stated it on the other thread about the Brady's being at her bedside with a contract for her before she was even out of surgery, and here is the proof.  They don't even know for sure everything that has happened or why, and they already have the basic new legislation and the strategy ready to go.

Anyone that thinks that the BHO administration, the Pelosi cronies, and the Clinton empire has not been working on this since the nomination was gained early in 2008 needs to get their heads out of the sand.  Remember early 2009 when Pelosi and Clinton started talking gun bans, and Pres. BHO told them to back off because it "isn't time yet"?  The BHO supporters all said look - he isn't after your guns.  However, anyone with the attention span of a house fly was able to catch the second part, and we have all wondered when the time would come.

We can count our blessings that November 2010 went like it did.  Now we will see the true medal of those that gained those seats.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
They can't get legislation through the house, If they could no real American would obey it.
That is after all how the first revolution began.
Of course back then Americans had "Ideals" and "Principles", instead of just "opinions.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:10 AM »
They can't get legislation through the house, If they could no real American would obey it.
That is after all how the first revolution began.
Of course back then Americans had "Ideals" and "Principles", instead of just "opinions.

This is where I have had my rear end reamed to a larger size right here on this forum, and I'll let you guess which member did it.  But, I will say it again, because I believe it and live by it, and no one has given me a good reason to change:

Every American citizen needs to have their life structured in a way that they know their absolutes, and everything they do is weighed against that list.  Just like any organization or business needs to have a mission statement that leads them, an individual and family must have the same.  At any given time we will face decisions where we may want something, but it is tied to something that is an absolute no.  Having principles means that you will not cross the line you have drawn in the solid rock - If you are using sand for your line it will be ever shifting and no one will ever know where you stand.

I pointed it out earlier that this is what happened with the Bush administration and the legislature when the Clinton Gun Ban came back up.  The anti's tied a Bush want to it, but they stood strong and did not give in to the feel good and thus returned our Right to us.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »

+1

We saw much the same after Virginia Tech. 5 minutes after the last shot was fired, the left was screaming for gun control. It went nowhere then, just as it will go nowhere now. Even the libtard dems know gun control is a turd from a legislative standpoint. All risk with no reward. Americans, even those who could care less about guns, are getting sick of listening to it.  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk