Author Topic: 24 Hours Later, The Anti Gun Legislation Proposal  (Read 16669 times)

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 24 Hours Later, The Anti Gun Legislation Proposal
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »
Ok, here's my idea for reasonable gun control.  ANYONE that espposes ANYTHING that karl marx, lemin, stalin,or any other leftist has said should not be allowed to own firearms.  It is clear that leftists are the ones that go on shooting sprees and can't handle the responsibility.  This last monster, cho (V Tech), lee harvey oswald.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »
"The bill could target the high-powered assault weapon allegedly used..."

I thought he used a pistol.  ???

Now they want to ban assault weapons, whatever they are.  ::)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 08:57:36 PM »
"The bill could target the high-powered assault weapon allegedly used..."

I thought he used a pistol.  ???

Now they want to ban assault weapons, whatever they are. 
::)

I'm safe!  None of my guns have ever shown any ability to climb out of the rack and assault anyone.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Ocin

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 02:05:30 PM »
I would suppose that all the gun control lovers would be a great fan of Mahatma Gandhi, so this quote is for them, courtessy of Mahatma himself:

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446 (Beacon Press paperback edition)

Source:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mohandas_Karamchand_Gandhi

Ocin
Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446 (Beacon Press paperback edition)

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »
I'm not bothering to get the specific quote, but even the Dalia Lama said that if some one tried to shoot him he would try to shoot back.
But then , he isn't a liberal.    ::)

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:15:28 PM »

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »
I'n not worried about them trying to ban guns,  I belive thay are going after the "high capacity" magazines.

Link
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0111/Congress-readies-new-gun-control-bills-after-Gabrielle-Giffords-shooting

The bet is that they can get those Republicans who are "reaching accross the isle durring this sad moment" while giving them the cover of "We didn't take away your guns."

Plus this ban is outside the Heller decision;  And those in the tea party are still too small in numbers and can easily be made to be "uncaring" and "unsympathetic" towards "the situation".

We need to call our reps and not only tell them not to support the magazine ban, but how large capacity magazines are helpful to home and self security.

Especially those in the border states.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
this was on the radio during my drive to work

::)

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2011/s3110990.htm
TONY EASTLEY: In the United States the shooting of congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has prompted calls for tighter gun laws.

Advocates for gun control say assault weapons like the semi-automatic pistol used by the Arizona gunman have no place in civil society.

North America correspondent Jane Cowan reports.

JANE COWAN: The shooting at a suburban grocery store has inevitably reignited what's been a perennial debate in the United States.

UNKNOWN MAN: Really, I mean a Glock 19; is that really for hunting? What else do you hunt with that except people?

UNKNOWN MAN 2: You can talk about all the gun laws you want, that's not going to do it; a bad guy is going to get a gun.

JANE COWAN: The Arizona gunman used a semi-automatic Glock pistol with an extended ammunition clip that could hold 30 bullets. He was only overpowered when he stopped to reload.

The large capacity clips were illegal until 2004 when a ban on assault weapons expired.

Carolyn McCarthy is a Democrat whose own husband was killed in a shooting in the '90s. She says it's time for the law to be revisited.

CAROLYN MCCARTHY: I think when you talk about just common sense here, large capacity clips that can basically in my opinion be weapons of mass destruction, should not be available to the average citizen.

JANE COWAN: In New York too Mayor Michael Bloomberg says the existing gun laws are broken.

He's leading a bipartisan coalition of more than 500 mayors that's made 40 recommendations to the Obama administration about how to combat gun violence, including a five-year ban on gun ownership for drug takers.

MICHAEL BLOOMBERG: The reality is that every single day 34 Americans are murdered by someone firing a gun and most of those guns are purchased or possessed illegally.

JANE COWAN: Law Professor Gabrielle Chin studies gun policy at the University of Arizona and doesn't think the latest shooting will lead to tighter gun laws.

GABRIELLE CHIN: My guess is that it's not going to have a huge effect and the reason is that the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm is so strong and so well organised and they have so many members, that I don't think that it is realistic to think that even something like this is going to change the basic direction of American policy in this area, which for 25 years or so has been to increase the access of firearms to regular people.

JANE COWAN: Opinion polls, too, show Americans' desire for stricter gun laws has waned over the years, even as mass shootings continue to shatter daily life.

This is Jane Cowan in Washington, reporting for AM.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 11:24:36 PM »
I am so sick of the stupidity of the "average", so called "citizens" of this country, I simply despair of them ever showing any actual sense. I just wish the total collapse, or dictatorship they are so intent on bringing on themselves would hurry up and get here so I can see the damned fools die like flies asking "Why is this happening".
I would spit on the starving slaves and reply, "This is the way you wanted it, this is the way you got it".

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 04:04:38 AM »
I am so sick of the stupidity of the "average", so called "citizens" of this country, I simply despair of them ever showing any actual sense.

How many of these idiot's ran out and bought a Toyota Prius so they could "be green". Like Lemmings swimming out to sea.  Bill T.

Herknav

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 04:43:41 AM »
Have you seen the one about prohibiting firearms from being within 1,000' of a public official?  All you GOP-fanboys note this comes from one of your teammates...

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/peter_king_gop_rep_from_ny_wan.php

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk