Author Topic: 33 Years Instead Of Some Good Kentucky Rope For A Pirate  (Read 7307 times)

tombogan03884

Re: 33 Years Instead Of Some Good Kentucky Rope For A Pirate
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 04:18:53 PM »
The best way of doing it is a sustained  3 point campaign .
1 ) ship board defenses, just like on a bad street, the ability to defend your self makes you a less tempting target
2 ) Pirates caught in the act die, immediately. When the risk is higher than the profit it will become more difficult for them to recruit crews
3) ports that offer support services get the crap bombed out of them, merchants who supply them are assassinated.When it is purely profit with no direct risk the pirates are hero's. When it means that you may be killed for taking their money it is not so appealing.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 06:40:01 PM »
The plot thickens:

http://www.startribune.com/nation/116506813.html

Just saw a news report that a Navy "warship" is tailing the yacht.  They think it is headed for land in Yemen.  They feel that if the yacht makes land they will lose track of the four hostages.

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 06:46:52 PM »
There are two situations when having AK's and ammo, RPG's etc,... are a bad idea.

1. When you are drowning.
2. When you are on fire.

Navy needs to utilize option 1.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 08:38:50 PM »
Just saw a news report that a Navy "warship" is tailing the yacht.  They think it is headed for land in Yemen.  They feel that if the yacht makes land they will lose track of the four hostages.

Survey says, don't let them make land. Honestly, were I a hostage I'd probably rather the Navy blew the ship out of the water than be Daniel Pearl. At least I'd die with a smile. It is time to scare the crap out of these folks. We can actually do this as they are fighting for money, not martyrdom. Oddly, this means we can deal with them rationally. Touch a US vessel and die. They will find other targets or another line of work.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk