Author Topic: 3 Gun Nation Responds To BATF Shotgun Study Of Sporting Purpose  (Read 2742 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Don't forget this little ATF "study" that could BAN imported, high capacity, "tactical" shotguns....or deem yours illegal if enforced as written.

Watch the other hand.....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: 3 Gun Nation Responds To BATF Shotgun Study Of Sporting Purpose
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:31:12 PM »
Who the hell cares about "sporting purpose?"

Show me where in the Second Amendment it talks about sporting purpose or hunting!

It is a gun, and we have the protected Right to have it and use it!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »
Lets us now gather toghther and play my favorite game. Its called "Blame W.".  In this case, I think y'all will agree. The rule in question is 922R, it bans the import of "non-sporting purpose" firearms. It was a companion piece to the AWB, a Clinton special. The thing is, its a rule, not a law. W., supposedly a gun friendly Texas Republican, could have done away with it with the stroke of a pen. He had eight years to so. And yet.......nada.
Its true that BO could have imposed it again, but we all know its a lot harder to do something new than just deal with the status quo. Imposing a new rule rquires things like public hearings and would allow pro-2A lawmakers of both parties to step in. We know BO has been shy of this particular fight, as he hasn't backed a single piece of gun control legislation, much to the irritation of the liberal Dems. He's just used laws and rules that are already on the books to chip away at the 2A. Rules like this one THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE AWAY WITH if W. had freaking bothered!!! >:(
I know it goes against the grain for a lot of you to bash Bush, but remember this was the same guy who initially was in favor of letting the AWB be renewed. Its only gone because of Trent Lott and the GOP House, not W. Same deal here. He screwed us. Rant over.
FQ13 who feels better now 8)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 12:58:05 PM »
Lets us now gather toghther and play my favorite game. Its called "Blame W.".  In this case, I think y'all will agree. The rule in question is 922R, it bans the import of "non-sporting purpose" firearms. It was a companion piece to the AWB, a Clinton special. The thing is, its a rule, not a law. W., supposedly a gun friendly Texas Republican, could have done away with it with the stroke of a pen. He had eight years to so. And yet.......nada.
Its true that BO could have imposed it again, but we all know its a lot harder to do something new than just deal with the status quo. Imposing a new rule rquires things like public hearings and would allow pro-2A lawmakers of both parties to step in. We know BO has been shy of this particular fight, as he hasn't backed a single piece of gun control legislation, much to the irritation of the liberal Dems. He's just used laws and rules that are already on the books to chip away at the 2A. Rules like this one THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE AWAY WITH if W. had freaking bothered!!! >:(
I know it goes against the grain for a lot of you to bash Bush, but remember this was the same guy who initially was in favor of letting the AWB be renewed. Its only gone because of Trent Lott and the GOP House, not W. Same deal here. He screwed us. Rant over.
FQ13 who feels better now 8)

Well, now, Princess, that is what it's all about to you academic types, right?

Wanker!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »
Well, now, Princess, that is what it's all about to you academic types, right?

Wanker!
Nice insult, zero argument. Are you telling me that its unreasonable to have expected a conservative Republican President to have done away with this POS in eight years? How much Kool-aid have you drunk Path?
FQ13

Sponsor

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »
Actually FQ, this has nothing to do with 922R. One can get a Saiga 12g and make it compliant. This will outlaw the import of SPAS, Saiga, AND your good ol' Mossberg and/or Remington.

Collapsible stock? ILLEGAL
Picitinny Rail on your Mossberg? ILLEGAL
High Capacity on your Beretta? ILLEGAL
Pistol Grip on you 870? ILLEGAL

Doesn't matter who makes it. If it's modified to a "non-sporting" app. that the almighty BATFE (and really big fires),...deem as such, your in violation.

922 is easily overcome with a few American parts.

This makes it UNABLE to even get them.

aka BANNED...
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 03:01:30 PM »
Its the sporting purposes rule that enables this though. If it were gone, so would the expansion. The point is though, that as much fun as it is to tweak you guys about W., the important thing is to stop this. The way to do that would seem to be to contact pro-2A Dems and put the heat on them. They are going to be up for reelction and aren't going to want the aggravation in what will be a tough election. BO might listen to them while he will blow the GOP off. I intend to speak to Senator Nelson. My Congress critter is Alcee Hastings >:(. He's not worth the stamp.
FQ13

devzal

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
We need to come up with sporting purposes for every type of firearm. Something like incorporating "must have" a beta mag/drum magazine and folding or retractable stock into some organized competition rules.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 10:27:17 PM »
What we need is to get rid of "sporting purpose". W. could have, BO could, and the Court might. The chief "Sport" the founders had in mind was shooting Redcoats and anyone who would set themselves up as a tyrant. The country, despite the doomsayers, has moved miles in our direction over the last 15 years or so. We just need to keep the pressure up. We need to make sure that a "resonable restriction" on gun ownership is as hard to justify as one on abortion rights or free speech. If I can burn the flag, I can have a 30 round mag and a folding stock. The plain language of the Constitution is in our favor. It should be a no brainer. "Congress shall make no law" for the 1A and "Shall not be infringed" for the 2A, seem pretty darn straight forward to me.
FQ13 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk