Author Topic: 34 Years Ago Today. There Will Only Ever Be ONE Elvis Presley.  (Read 1374 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Please post your favorite Elvis Song. There are quite a few.

Truly an American Icon, he inspired more musicians, performers, and countless others...

RIP Elvis.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

Re: 34 Years Ago Today. There Will Only Ever Be ONE Elvis Presley.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:43:13 PM »
I was going to post something smart. But I decided I've been in enough hot water for awhile.  ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:25:58 PM »
Its all about killin', Jesus, and Elvis, what's not to love? ;)
FQ13

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:35:20 PM »
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
and Michele Bachmann thought it was his birthday!  (no kidding)

http://www.wcnc.com/news/politics/Bachmann-mistakenly-wishes-Elvis-a-happy-birthday-127881778.html
And I thought her John Wayne/John Wayne Gacy gaffe was bad. Oi vey! :o You do not diss the King in South Carolina. Here's one for Michelle, . ::)
FQ13

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 11:00:42 PM »
Dang shame he died young.  I worked at the Baton Rouge Greyhound station spring and summer of '76.  Elvis used a Greyhound bus to get from his hotel to the LSU Assembly Center for a concert and then used it to return.  Anyway, I knew the driver and spoke with him because I had to fuel the bus after the concert.  The driver told me that Elvis was carried onto the bus and was out of it, then 15 minutes later when he got to the concert he was going 95 miles an hour all high fives and smiles...after the concert he was railing with the driver about how "kick ass" the concert was.   It was at this point the driver said drugs and whoever was providing them would kill him quick.  

I bet he had a lot of songs left in him when he went.  Maybe his best.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk