Author Topic: 3 DAYS AT GUNSITE WITH KYLE LAMB! FREE!  (Read 35989 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
Re: 3 DAYS AT GUNSITE WITH KYLE LAMB! FREE!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 07:13:04 AM »
Since Michael didn't exactly give a profile of the "character" their looking for, it could be that a middle aged "buck" might be just the ticket.  So just for grins and giggles I sent Denise an email laying it out for her.  Thought I'd share so you guys will know what you're up against.

Denise

My buddy, Michael Bane said to contact you about an all expense three day training with Kyle Lamb. 

Trouble is he didn't quite tell me what profile you're looking for with this promotion.   So, I'll lay it on the line with you.

I'm a USAF veteran (SSGT, 68-72) whose military experience more resembled MASH than FMJ. I'm a little older than most (64), a little pudgy (210), but can cut one hell of a swash buckling figure if need be.  Stronger than my contemporaries for my size (5'11")   Have experience more with handguns than rifles.  Was in the top 10% of amateur Glock shooters last year (I fell a little in the standings this year).  Love to shoot revolvers.  I work in media (video production, projection and lighting) and am somewhat at ease on a set. 

So basically if you're looking for that dumpy, over-the-hill, amateur to take from Zero to Hero, let's talk.

Alf Sauve'
DRTV Ranger AlfSauve
Marietta, GA

PS:   Got to warn you though my preference for roughing it is Days Inn.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 09:12:15 AM »
I plan on begging and groveling in person on Friday. Hoping I can buy Mr. Bane enough beers to sway consideration.  ;)
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »
Email sent. If they want a challenge for Kyle Lamb, I'm negative numbers, not zero. Out of shape, lousy shot, cigar lover, bad shoulders, terrible eyesight, damned musician, a delusional, bitter old man... "from less than zero to nearly adequate".

I'm your man. Also worked on a movie twice, so I know about the camera. Also perform all the time so I'm not shy. AND I can drink with ANY TV crew.
I'm your man.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »
I don't know Jay, with Alf's contacts, we may be porked!
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
Well, I sent in my poor request to be the "One".  :o

It sure would be a lot of fun, as well as hard work I'm guessing. Fingers crossed! Good luck all.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:02:51 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »
Even though work responsibilities are in the way for this one, I notice a new trend:  This is the second event that MB has invited us to in a month.  Id DRTV getting in to some personal involvement with members?  Put me down as liking it and looking forward to more opportunities!  Thanks for this Michael, and I will be putting my name in for one that I can work into my schedule!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Henny

• NRA Life Member
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »
Well, I sent mine in.  What an excellent opportunity for the person that is selected!

Good luck to all!

doc misalot

• Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, SASS Cowboy
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 09:56:44 AM »
I'm not usually very lucky, but I sent in a groveling e-mail as well. Even a blind pig finds a nut once in a while!  :D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »
FRIDAY!

We choose...

mb[/color
 ;D
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »
Like Richard, I'm not even close to being in the running for such a grand opportunity as this. I'm only 44, but I have the body of a 74 year old..... too worn for the rigors of three days.  ;D

Best of luck and good shooting to whomever gets to take on this challenge, and a tip of the hat to MB and crew for presenting this opportunity to the family.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk