Author Topic: 3.5 years worth of magazines in 36 hours  (Read 1059 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
3.5 years worth of magazines in 36 hours
« on: December 20, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »
Panic run amok..........

Brownells sells 3.5 years’ worth of magazines in 36 hours

In the face of possible legislation to restrict and possibly ban firearms and magazines over a certain capacity, waves of panic buyers have stripped shelves to the paint, at both retail and online gun stores.

A combination of demand and gouging has caused prices for rifle magazines and rifles, parts and accessories to more than double, with some vendors selling goods at five times what the average rate was just a few weeks ago.

Many online companies are selling magazines faster than their systems can handle, accepting orders for stock they don’t have and running out of stock mid-transaction.

----------------

“To shed some more light on the magazine situation at present, it really has been unprecedented in the last 5 days. During a roughly the 36 hour period from Sunday afternoon to Monday evening we sold the ‘average demand’ equivalent of about 3.5 years worth of PMAGS, and and an even greater amount of our Brownells magazines. We’re working like crazy to get these orders to you as quickly as possible.”

http://www.guns.com/2012/12/20/brownells-sells-3-5-years-worth-of-magazines-in-36-hours/
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

Re: 3.5 years worth of magazines in 36 hours
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »
I've been looking for a 30 round magazine for my Savage 1903 with no luck at all!  I guess it's fruitless...  I'm stuck with the 7 rounder it came with in 1903!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk