Author Topic: 31 Years Ago Today,..There was no breeze.  (Read 4455 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
31 Years Ago Today,..There was no breeze.
« on: October 20, 2008, 07:10:57 PM »
Just a quick post to what happened on the way to Louisiana on this day in 1977.  Another small plane crash that has taken many others away too soon in the music industry, Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Randy Rhodes, John Denver, and others.

Just thought I'd throw it out there for a Fall evening. RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaTZkIInYNw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: 31 Years Ago Today,..There was no breeze.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 08:02:51 PM »
Wow, hard to think it was that long ago, I was 17, definitely into them, I need to get my albums out of storage, because I just might have the flaming artwork cover, that they pulled just after the crash. Saturday night special always stuck in my craw though, but everything else was golden.

I also have a Jackson flying V Randy Rhodes edition, I hate the guitar, but love the crunch, it's a monster.

Thanks for remembering and reminding us. RIP +1
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:32:38 PM »
Wow, hard to think it was that long ago, I was 17, definitely into them, I need to get my albums out of storage, because I just might have the flaming artwork cover, that they pulled just after the crash. Saturday night special always stuck in my craw though, but everything else was golden.

I also have a Jackson flying V Randy Rhodes edition, I hate the guitar, but love the crunch, it's a monster.

Thanks for remembering and reminding us. RIP +1

I was 16. You're old. ;) I remember the day was in a pretty bad mood because of it and I guy I didn't really like (who insisted on constantly bothering me) asked if I heard the news. I cracked wise, "yeah,  Skynryd is now the Grateful Dead."  The only good thing that came from that accident was he never talked to me again.

Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 09:19:22 PM »
You guys are a couple of old farts aren't you?  ;D  I was only 15. I always hated that one song but most of the rest really was golden. The double album Gold & Platinum is awesome.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
Uhh...24.

Skynyrd is Southern Blues / Rock at it's best.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:34:56 PM »

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:55:26 PM »
Uhh...24.

My condolences, Methusala.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »
You guys are a couple of old farts aren't you?  ;D  I was only 15. I always hated that one song but most of the rest really was golden. The double album Gold & Platinum is awesome.

That song never really bothered me. I didn't pay too much attention to lyrics then. NOW it bothers me.  ;D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »

I came late to LS - Freebird is still one of the greatest.

Damn I'm old!   ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 10:16:11 PM »
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 11:15:20 PM »
My condolences, Methusala.

;D  Laughed so hard, I may need to check my undies.   ;D
"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk