Author Topic: 250 insurgents vs. 30 Marines -- Seems almost unfair!  (Read 3700 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
250 insurgents vs. 30 Marines -- Seems almost unfair!
« on: November 25, 2008, 01:34:56 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/24/quote-of-the-day-405/

Read the whole story here:
http://www.military.com/news/article/marine-corps-news/marine-makes-insurgents-pay-the-price.html

“During the battle, the designated marksman single handedly thwarted a company-sized enemy RPG and machinegun ambush by reportedly killing 20 enemy fighters with his devastatingly accurate precision fire. He selflessly exposed himself time and again to intense enemy fire during a critical point in the eight-hour battle for Shewan in order to kill any enemy combatants who attempted to engage or maneuver on the Marines in the kill zone. What made his actions even more impressive was the fact that he didn’t miss any shots, despite the enemies’ rounds impacting within a foot of his fighting position.

‘I was in my own little world,’ the young corporal said. ‘I wasn’t even aware of a lot of the rounds impacting near my position, because I was concentrating so hard on making sure my rounds were on target.

“I didn’t realize how many bad guys there were until we had broken through the enemies’ lines and forced them to retreat. It was roughly 250 insurgents against 30 of us,” the corporal said. “It was a good day for the Marine Corps. We killed a lot of bad guys, and none of our guys were seriously injured.”’”
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

sanjuancb

• Top Forum Member
  • The years teach much which the days never knew.
  • Liked:
Re: 250 insurgents vs. 30 Marines -- Seems almost unfair!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 01:42:40 PM »
Awesome story! I love the designated marksmen rifled that they are issued as well. I'd much rather be carrying a M14 variant than a M4...
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:31:13 PM »
What made his actions even more impressive was the fact that he didn’t miss any shots, despite the enemies’ rounds impacting within a foot of his fighting position.

Sounds like Audie Murphy reincarnated.,   and A United States Marine.

Now I recall the Recon Marines: ragged, filthy cammie shirted young men in green paint who move silent like the fog with deadly purpose in their eyes. Swift, Silent, Deadly. I smile.
GYSGT Correll, USMC, Retired-- Recon Marine

Psalm 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, {And} my fingers for battle

Amen.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Jim Urban

• Top Forum Member
  • Stay Frosty-Stay Safe
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 06:39:08 PM »
The Silver Star doesn't cut it, that Corporal rates the Congressional "Medal of Honor"!
Makes me proud to have 2/7 and the rest of the Marines aboard MCAGCC 29 Palms as my next door neighbors.
S&W 340PD....I Won't Leave Home Without It.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »
I like unfair when unfair is on the side of the good guys.

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, {And} my fingers for battle

Amen.

I guess their god Allah doesn't know how to train their hands and fingers, go figure.
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:32:33 PM »

TSB

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 07:06:43 PM »
The Silver Star doesn't cut it, that Corporal rates the Congressional Medal of Honor!
Makes me proud to have 2/7 and the rest of the Marines aboard MCAGCC 29 Palms as my next door neighbors.

Though I agree wholeheartedly, it is the "Medal of Honor", given in the name of Congress by the President. 

Hooah!!!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »

Amen.

Lev 26:7,8
And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.
And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »
OOORAH, 2nd Bn, 7th Marine Regiment.  Their legacy rolls on. 

Every Marine a Rifleman.

SEMPER FI.
DesertMarine

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »
Excellent story....all I can add to what others have said is: OUTSTANDING.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 02:23:54 PM »
250 Insurgents against 30 US Marines is VERY unfair....

But the insurgetns will just have to take their chances....

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk