Author Topic: 22 semi auto race guns  (Read 1785 times)

qazz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
22 semi auto race guns
« on: October 27, 2007, 06:04:26 AM »
We recently a tv show that had 22 race guns. Where can I find out where to buy one?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: 22 semi auto race guns
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:09:03 AM »
I think I saw the same show as you.  I remember the Rugers with grips, trigger jobs, barrels and a variety of sights.  I wasn't paying real good attention, but the bright colored guns caught my attention (Anyone ever see the Jeff Foxworthy bit on men being attracted to bright things, and that is why they make fishing lures and bass boats in glitter finish?).

I did some searching that night but could not find anything pre-made.  So, I stopped in to see the gunsmith.  He pulled out a catalog and asked what I wanted to do.  All I need to do is go get a pistol and drop it off at his shop ... along with my credit card (can't imagine why he needs the card, because I think the numbers are worn into his machine).

I got a deal on two basic Mark III.  Don't spend money on bull barrels or fancy grips (I would suggest SST, because all the hot rod stuff is stainless or anodized and won't look too good with blue).  Your gunsmith is going to hand everything but the base frame back to you in a zip lock bag.  Barrels, grips sights, slides, trigger ... are all going to be new.  The idea of buying two was that compared to my last 2011 these basic .22's were really cheap.  Then on the way home I remembered that the gunsmith bill was going to be just as high as my others.  Latest deal is that he is doing both guns as we speak (one is almost done, and parts are all here for #2).  I can afford one, and will take and play with that one right away.  I will pay for the second one as I can, but he will keep it to show other's what can be done with a .22.  The more business he gets off it, the less I will pay for that gun.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk