Author Topic: Tactical Pants?  (Read 31229 times)

From the Mailbox

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tactical Pants?
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »

Date: 3/7/2009 4:52:14 PM
Subject: Tactical Pants?

I have noticed several people on Michael's program wearing what I'd describe as light tan, cargo pocketed, "tactical pants".  Could you please share where such pants can be obtained?

TNX!  Michael R. S.

DRTV, Shooting Gallery & Cowboys receive 100s of emails daily. Some are posted on this forum so our members can reply and make comments. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer them all, but we do try. Thank you. DRTV Staff.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: Tactical Pants?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:31:33 PM »
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:48:20 AM »
people that wear tactical "gear" crack me up...   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 01:15:46 AM »
I have worn 5/11 Pants for the last 2 1/2 years, every day pretty much, and now they are thread bare, starting to come apart, at the knee's and at the rear pockets where I keep large folding knives,, They are very comfortable, and loose fitting, I really like the knee  pad inserts, in my business it really helps. I carry a J frame smith in the right pocket, and this pant, let's this carry type work. My regrets are my black  pants turned to gray quickly.. but after that they stayed that way, My worn pants will pass muster anywhere, SORRY TAB, you won't pick me out of  a crowd.  It just looks right...............
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 04:10:22 AM »
What we without a trace of sarcasm refer to as "contractor casual?"

EOTAC
http://www.eotac.com/?p=17&prodLine=Pants%20&%20Shorts

Blackhawk
http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/Pants-Trousers,76.htm

5.11 Tactical
http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Pants/Tactical-Pants/Taclite-Pro-Pants/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10100:10101/I/74273

Michael B (who is not without sin)

But at least your "contractor casual" has cute yellow duckies on it.   ;)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:27:47 PM »

Harmony Hermit

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 05:22:55 AM »
I have worn 5.11 pants before they were "Tactical". They are comfortable and allow me to carry stuff conveniently and have access when I need it. Carry my wallet in the lower left pocket so that I do not have to sit on it, can get to it while driving while wearing seat belts.

I wear them all the time, even with a jacket and tie. They just make sense. Don't care about frivilous fashion and whatever is "in" at the moment

Some of mine are approaching ten years of service. Good value for the money!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 06:47:33 AM »
I think I need to start a thread on my tactical shoelaces. We have discussed tactical rifles and carbines, tactical knives, tactical vests, and now tactical pants. My really cool 6.12 tactical shoelaces integrate well with my tactical socks, which in turn are made by the same folks - years of experience in the LEO business BTW, so they know what they're doing - who make my tactical shorts.

>:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Pepper

• -Follower of the first church of Colonel Jeff Cooper-
  • Forum Member
    • Pannon Scout
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 07:45:28 AM »
people that wear tactical "gear" crack me up...   

And where  do you stuff all your edc items? I wear a 5.11 or similar pants every day when I don´t have to wear a suit.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 08:09:34 AM »
But at least your "contractor casual" has cute yellow duckies on it.   ;)

Just couldn't help yourseld could you Pathfinder?  You are a card that needs to be dealt with.   ;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Pepper

• -Follower of the first church of Colonel Jeff Cooper-
  • Forum Member
    • Pannon Scout
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 08:27:20 AM »
To bring this one back on topic:
Wearing "tactical" pants is not only about looking cool. It´s about having the ability to carry items you should have in your "first line". I borrowed this from the outstanding LMS Defense Blog:

What's in your pockets?
If you're like most of us, you have some sort of emergency trauma kit somewhere in your shooting gear. It makes the trip to all your range sessions, competitions, and any classes you take to become a more skilled shooter.

You probably also have a small pile of gear you stuff in your pockets each day as you go out into the world and conduct your day to day business....Pistol, holster, spare magazine or 2, small flashlight, cell phone, pager, wallet, car keys. Notice something missing here?

That life saving equipment you make sure to always have around firearms is no where to be found. You may have a first aid kit in your vehicle, but that does you about as much good as leaving it at home should you be out in public and away from your rig (anyone remember the Tacoma Mall shooting?)

The missing item here is a compact kit containing the means to stop severe bleeding. An adult can die in 2-3 minutes from an uncontrolled femoral artery bleed. By carrying a few low cost items, you can greatly increase your chances of surviving a traumatic injury.

http://blog.lmsdefense.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk