Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 5402 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 02:57:38 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and that the attitude continues until next year at this time.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 03:13:04 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm about 70 miles from Plymouth Rock up heeya!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 03:41:21 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 04:37:44 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all,I have one thing to be very thankful for,I'm a Grand Pa,My grand daughter Audrey Rose was born 11/16/16 at 6:13a.m. 7Ibs14 oz. 20 &1/2 inches long.

Congratulations to you Majer.  I am thankful also for my first grandchild born June 30th, a grandson.  Bought and put away a CZ 452 Scout in .22 for him.  Will see him next month for the first time.

No matter what life throws our way, if we really think about it, there is something to be thankful for.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 05:29:59 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you all also!

It's been an amazing month at our place and promises to be as good or better through the rest of the holiday season!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Merry Christmas!

Happy New Year!

There, I said it and I'm glad!!!!!

God Bless,

Richard and Norma
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:02:49 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 06:22:43 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 08:15:37 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving.   :D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 07:26:09 AM »
To all of my brothers here on DRTV - and the odd occasional sister as well - Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. This site is one of the things in this world for which I am thankful - the fellowship, the commonality of our interest in all things firearms which has grown into more than that.

For the first time in my life, I am away from home this holiday. My wife and I have traveled from the cool, sunny climes of Kentucky through the frosty environs of Minneapolis to what was supposed to be the warm embrace of the desert in AZ. The high Sunday is slated to be maybe 60 degrees!!!

Everyone be safe, and enjoy family and friends.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 04:26:48 PM »
Morphing the topic a bit, I shot a Level 1 USPSA match Saturday.

I did shoot the GA State Match in July, but this is the first time I've been back to one of the local Level 1 matches in 3 or 4 years.   The last time I had a bad time, partly due to me, partly due to the organizers and partly just due to the weather. 

But my range holds a 4th Saturday USPA match and it seemed opportune to try it out.  After all the GA State match went okay.   And everything was going great.  I had my gear down.  The first two stages I had a good plan of action and stuck with it.  Then stage 5 disaster (my squad started on 3).   My crimping die must have backed out some.   A bullet unseated itself in the upcoming chamber on my revolver.  I couldn't rotate the cylinder and I couldn't open it.   We went forward and I disassembled Johnny 7.   I withdrew myself from the rest of the match (7 stages) for fear it would happen again.

Haven't had time to recheck all the ammo, but I will.  I discovered on my belt at least two other rounds that were loose. 

On the bright side, I place 50% in the Classifier.  It's the first time I've ever scored above 0 in a USPSA classifier.  Now I just need 3 more.    Also, on the positive side, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with the USPSA stages.   I was really disappointed I didn't get to finish all of them.   I had a plan!   KC Esubio was shooting in another squad.  I didn't see him though.  Also interestingly enough, even though I only completed 2 stages and partial on another, I wasn't last place overall.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk