Author Topic: Gun Goals For 2018  (Read 6175 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
Re: Gun Goals For 2018
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 10:14:02 AM »
<snip>
I want to computer less, and start reading one book a month -
I want to learn a new knot each month
I want to do more with non-powered hand tools - just to see if I can do it like they use to in grandpa's day.

Happy 2018 all.

Admirable goals. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 11:18:12 AM »
Alf... again, if you or anyone wants to build an AR9 for USPSA PCC, give me a heads up...last year or so fooling with one

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 11:26:43 AM »
Put at least 10k rounds down range
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 12:47:37 PM »
Take a few more firearms classes. Train with my kids some more. Had my 17 year old son running the AK and AR.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 02:18:12 PM »
Pretty much met 'em yesterday.  Got the FN Browning A5 of my grandfathers (manufactured 1929/30), a CZ 97BD on order (paid for) and, I just ordered a Dan Wesson A2 Commander.  Loving me the retro look of that gun with the changes Dan Wesson  though the sidearm should have had through the years.  As a combat sidearm that is.

More classes are a must.  The missus is thinking of a Ruger SP101 in .327 Federal Magnum.  I'm liking the way she thinks.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:09:25 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 06:44:19 AM »
Now you're talking nasty....I like that CZ 97B.  Is the action the same on the 'B' model as the 'BD' model except for the decocker or do you need it to also get the double action?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 06:38:28 PM »
I only know what I've read of the CZ.  The decocker doesn't really affect the trigger, if I've read correctly.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 07:14:02 PM »
Picked up a Ruger LC9s Pro a few weeks ago. Installed some Truglo sights and put one of those Talon grip stickers on it. Pretty nice little 9mm single stack shooter.

Just received a Remington 700 5R gen 2 in .260. Bought listed as new from gunbroker. It arrived with a forward action screw which had been over-torqued and snapped off in the barrel and a cap on the threaded barrel which was seriously torqued on. Could not remove it by hand. I think one of those gorillas who doesn't own a torque wrench may have had it briefly. I want to turn it into an accurate  shooter for longer ranges. So far, I put a Timney Calvin Elite trigger in it and set it @2 lbs.. Filed a channel in the HS precision stock and installed an HS Precision detachable magazine. I am waiting on backordered parts: Seekins 20 MOA base and bipod rail. I also ordered some accu-risers from Ernest the Gunsmith and will bed the action with them installed. Not looking forward to the major cost of a decent scope and mount, tho!

My goal is to spend more time on the range working up loads and playing with the Labradar chrony. That thing is awesome. Can verify the advertised BCs of all the hyped up bullets. Also, I have the parts to make an automatic case annealer, but need to put it together. It is like the one featured here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0xE-6bSwME&t=52s

Oh yeah, need to get a job and get back to work!

Anywho, Happy New Year to the loyal members of this forum who are always around but don't feel the need to post much!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 07:57:30 PM »
Alf... again, if you or anyone wants to build an AR9 for USPSA PCC, give me a heads up...last year or so fooling with one

I've toyed with it, but have decided to go either the Ruger route or the JP route if the Ruger's not going to be at the store for a while.

My biggest must have are using Glock magazines.   Not a Glock fan boy, I just have a lot of them for competition.  Trying to keep things simple so I don't need to stock yet another set of magazines.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 07:59:03 PM »

I want to computer less, and start reading one book a month -
I want to learn a new knot each month
I want to do more with non-powered hand tools - just to see if I can do it like they use to in grandpa's day.

Yes.  Good goals.

Oh and yes, take classes.   Gunsite & Gabe on my must do list.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk