Author Topic: Good Buddy Has Cancerous Tumor on Kidney  (Read 32299 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Good Buddy Has Cancerous Tumor on Kidney
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 06:19:25 PM »
Just got off the horn with Mike.  The oncological surgeon had a long and hard look at the films and believes this cancer is of the type that can be fully treated by simply removing the mass. 

Doc says Mike should not need chemo or radiation or anything more than the surgery--and that now is scheduled for July 16.

He still has another scan scheduled to confirm that nothing has spread, and we should know what that report is on Monday or Tuesday.

In the meantime, the doc told Mike he would need a transfusion during surgery but specifically forbade Mike from contributing his own blood.  Doc told him he is suffering from both low volume and low red blood count and cannot contribute to his own solution.

Fortunately, Mike has a lot of family and friends ready, willing and able to drain a pint. 

So far, this is already starting to look like an answer to prayer, and I am deeply grateful to each one of you, my brothers, for your prayerful support.

Mike broke down as he was telling me the "good" news, so I know this experience has him overwhelmed.   Please keep the prayers going.

Humbly,
Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »
Some uplifting news, indeed...... now is the time to remain steadfast in earnest prayer for all involved.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 05:53:33 AM »
Good news!  I know you will keep us posted and we will keep up the prayers.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 05:53:40 AM »
Good indications... we'll hope for the best.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 08:50:36 AM »
Good to hear.

People don't realize all the things the kidneys are rresponsible for.  I was told that kidney issues can cuase the low red blood count and other imbalances so have him watch the numbers closely.  The biggest ones to watch from a kidney function standpoint is creatnine and BUN.  They will probably spike but if there isn't any permenant damage shoud go back down with treatment.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:04:12 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
People don't realize all the things the kidneys are responsible for.  I was told that kidney issues can cause the low red blood count and other imbalances so have him watch the numbers closely.  The biggest ones to watch from a kidney function standpoint is creatnine and BUN.  They will probably spike but if there isn't any permanent damage should go back down with treatment.

That is what caused Mike to have this checked.  He was just feeling lousy tired and when they did a standard blood test they discovered he was very low on red blood cells.  Most of his other levels were goofy, too.

Serves as a warning to us all: As we get older, pay attention to what the body is telling us!  Stuff can be fixed if it's caught in time.  Waiting until we are smiling from a silk-lined box is too late.

Thanks for the prayers, guys.  I know they are doing a great deal of good.

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »
Sometimes it just goes from bad to worse.  Sometimes from worse to just awful.

Mike finally got his PETscan on Monday.  He got the results on Wednesday and gave me a call.  His first words were, "They cancelled my surgery for next Monday."

I thought that sounded okay until he followed up with the information that the PET revealed a metastasized tumor on his liver, another on his lower left lung, a couple around his colon, and some probables throughout the rest of his body.

Bunny and I are trying to coax our recalcitrant RV back to Florida.  We made it from California to Texas, so far.  It's another long story, but we had a major engine failure in Coachella, Ca, and we spent 12 weeks trying to get it fixed.  We are still blowing smoke and leaking oil, but we are trying to nurse it back in time to say our goodbyes.

So, this is a revised prayer request:  Please ask our Lord to give Mike comfort and peace.  Ask Him to give Mike strength to face this and the courage to make that next step with grace and dignity.

And while you're at it, ask Him to lay His hand on this old Rabbit.  As I write this, I have tears running down my cheeks.  Not just for Mike, but also for Lady Haz, her friend Cathy, Mike's wife Nancy, and others, all who have gone home in the very recent past.

Thanks all,

Crusader

Timothy

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 07:03:45 PM »
I don't have the words but thankfully the Good Lord can hear what I'm thinking...

God Bless and safe journey CR.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »
I don't have the words but thankfully the Good Lord can hear what I'm thinking...

God Bless and safe journey CR.

+1

I have a few good, long-time friends facing this also........ all got is prayers.....but, I got a plenty to go around.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 12:39:37 AM »
We will pray for "Final Healing" for Mike and family and as for my DRTV Family... meaning you and Bunny and the "Rabbitmobile" continued prayers.

God Bless,

Richard and Norma
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk