Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186511 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #200 on: June 03, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »
This isn't now ... sort of ...

Got my hands on some CAB Outside Skirt from a new plant in Iowa.  After trimming, butterflying, and a quick turn on a hot grill, it was taco time!

Outerskirt Skirt tacos, with cheese, grilled jalapenos, homemade salsa from a good friend, and some Mexican Crema, all on a flour tortilla.

After a busy morning, it is time for a little brunch,  I'm looking at some steak and eggs:  Scrambled eggs with left over outers, jalapeno, and onion, and some shredded cheese over the top.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #201 on: June 03, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »
Sounds good Mike.

I had Buffalo ranch flavor fire grilled chicken chunks that I put some mesquite smoke barbecue sauce on. They were already spicy, then they were spicy barbecue.

I keep getting coupons for $1.50 off bags of Cooked Perfect fire grilled chicken which is already $2.00 off at Kroger right now. I already have enough chicken in the freezer but when I can get it for $3.50 off the regular price I have to get more.

https://www.cookedperfect.com/fire-grilled-chicken/

ETA: When I have room for it I'll have some mango peach applesauce. I hope it's good.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2018, 07:31:28 PM »
Added some tomato to the skillet steak and eggs, and it was GOOD!

Was inventorying the freezer this afternoon, and need a larger one!  I cut and packaged 95# of pork loin - I cut the chops thick by going down between each rib, and then cut the sirloin into two pieces per loin.  We also packaged 80# of ground beef into 2# packages. 

Besides the pork loins, we are down to one package of outside skirt, a couple chuck roasts, three packages of pork belly, and one tilapia fillet.  The backribs, chicken breasts, inside skirt are gone, and the ribeye is long gone  :'(

Pork and beef are steady to higher, so it may be awhile for that, especially the ribeye.  However, poultry dropped a little, and shows that if it doesn't go sub buck (boneless skinless breasts), it shouldn't be much over.  Wings are holding, but are when facing football season on the horizon, they aren't going to show any low prices until after the new year.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2018, 12:22:54 AM »
I had another bowl of udon noodle soup. The broth in the other bowlful had a "delicate" flavor and I decided if I ever had it again I'd put a little hot sauce in it. So I gave it 4 shakes of Korean inspired Gochujang chili hot sauce. That was much better IMO but I'm glad I didn't add more hot sauce than that. I tasted a small drop of it on my finger and tasted the garlic right away but it took a couple of seconds for the heat to show up.

I'll probably skip a day before I finish the bag of chicken chunks I had earlier. I need variety.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »
I bought a sandwich and got one free at the Honeybaked Ham store today.

Breakfast was a Tavern Club sandwich: Ham, Smoked Turkey Breast, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, savory mayo and honey mustard on multigrain bread.

I'm getting ready to eat some lunch now. It's a Turkey Bacon Ranch sandwich: Smoked Turkey Breast, provolone cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion and creamy ranch dressing on multigrain bread.

Only good quality ingredients can make the multigrain bread edible.

Sponsor

« Reply #205 on: Today at 02:23:50 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: June 07, 2018, 11:28:26 PM »
Sweet Chili flavored pistachios.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »
Pancakes!!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »
Pork carnitas meat with no tortillas or chopped onions. After I shredded the meat I put several shakes of Mexican style hot sauce on it. Since I didn't have anything to go with it I melted some cheddar and provolone on it. The next serving will be with salsa and no cheese.

Timothy

« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2018, 02:33:26 PM »

Nectar o da gods!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »

Nectar o da gods!

America's first soft drink, and still the best? I love it, with or without a couple of shots of Jim Beam mixed in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk