Author Topic: Milspin Custom U.S. ARMY Stainless Steel Bar Key  (Read 2608 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: Milspin Custom U.S. ARMY Stainless Steel Bar Key
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 04:29:28 AM »
That's probably why they make subdued versions of some backplates like the American flag, and their X-Carve come in Blackout cerakote finish, too. Not everyone likes the flash of Solid 18 Karat Gold or hand-forged MokuTi Titanium Damascus either for the same reason, but will instead buy the regular engraved backplates. By the way, when you buy a MokuTi backplate you get the exact same one shown in the pictures. They aren't just example pictures of typical MokuTi backplates. The majority of them are in the X-Carve design, but they have a few plain ones left.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 10:56:41 AM »
My CNC machined brass Milspin Cassette Tape Paperweight and some other things left Toledo a couple hours ago and should be here tomorrow. Does not fit in your standard cassette player. Dimensions: 2.25" x 1.75" x 3/8". $39.99 before 40% off discount. 100 hours of heavy machinery sounds sold separately.

https://milspin.com/products/milspin-cassette-paperweight?_pos=1&_sid=ec2adf201&_ss=r
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 12:39:37 PM »
Here are the two 3/4 pound Solid Brass Paperweights I bought from Milspin. I have so many papers on my desk, I took the pictures on my other desk. Seriously. It's in another room in a different part of the house. The third picture is the flamed titanium minimalist bottle opener, which they no longer make, and a stainless steel pry bar. I think they're having a hard time getting titanium. Everyone probably is if Russia is still the main source for titanium, like when the SR-71 Blackbird was built and a couple decades afterward. The CIA worked through dummy corporations to buy tons of titanium from Russia, to build sophisticated reconnaissance planes to spy on Russia! ;D ;D ;D Don't you just love it? I can't help smiling whenever I think about. The next pic is the stainless pry bar, with the LIOE Design Delta 7 titanium edc multi-tool that I actually carry every day. The last 2 pics are the Delta 7 with my LIOE Design XF1 Folding Knife (Titanium + VG10). I never really noticed how similar the profiles were until I flipped them around for the last picture. The handle of the XF1 and the Delta 7 are so similar in shape, I can't believe I didn't see it before. Maybe I never had them facing the right way, side by side? ???

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2023, 12:53:43 PM »
One day I read this at Mispin concerning their Titan finish. Titan (Stainless Steel only): After weeks of trial and error with our industrial heat-treating oven, we have perfected a heating and quenching cycle to achieve the ultimate thermally tinted finish. It took us hundreds of attempts to zero in on the perfect cycle time, optimal temperature, and necessary quenching medium to attain the golden glow that you see pictured here. The Titan Finish is a premium feature that requires special care and attention to bring out. I think that's the finish applied to all the bar keys that aren't cerakoted, which they started doing some of in Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line designs.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2023, 07:18:01 PM »
Milspin Blacked Out Patterns Slide Back Plates from Argyle to Zebra. I just saw these for the first time, and they're all sold out. When I checked the date on the email, it was April Fool's Day, but it looks legit.

https://milspin.com/products/copy-of-milspin-arizona-flag-slide-back-plate?variant=40450005860394

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:45:22 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 08:56:19 AM »
Somebody in the packing department messed up. I got a package from Milspin yesterday and my Milspin AR 15 Metal Morale Patch, with the option of being CURVED (For Use On A Hat) was straight. I didn't talk to them about it yet but I know they won't want me to ship it back. It will be a freebie and go on one of my gun cases, maybe one with an AR-15 in it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2023, 04:46:43 PM »
It's been a long two months, but they've got a fresh new laser after they accidentally burned the last one down and they are pumping these 3D back plates out at the cyclic rate. Today Only! Use discount code: "SHARKSWITHLASERBEAMS" at checkout for 35% OFF your ENTIRE ORDER.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2023, 12:17:00 AM »
I got another hat and a few more morale patches from Milspin. I got a Bullet With Custom Text Patch and put it on the new camo hat. And put the Grimp Reaper Patch on the black hat. I gotta be all color-coordinated when I can, ya know. And the 3rd pic is what the "bullet" patch should look like, if they're even going to put vertical lines at the base of it at all. You'd think a couple of Recon Marines would have a better idea what cartridges actually look like. At Christmas, I think I'll talk to my friend about sandblasting away the red stripe that should have been laser engraved away. It may totally screw up the brass, but not as bad as it would if I scratched the Cerakote off with a knife.

P.S. If you think .45 caliber is only 11.3mm, this is what the calculator on Widows 11 says, 11.5mm = 0.452756". The last time I checked, .45 ACP bullets were listed as 0.452", so drop the last 3 decimal places and there you have it, 11.5mm.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2023, 02:27:35 AM »
Milspin has Glock slide backplates with quotes from Psalms and such on them. They make Smith and Wesson backplates now, too. It looks like they screwed up one of them, but I'm not sure which, the 2nd or 3rd.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2023, 02:29:15 AM »
And last but not least, Book of Revelation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk