Author Topic: $41.76 A Box For 9 MM Ball! The Insanity Continues!  (Read 9944 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
$41.76 A Box For 9 MM Ball! The Insanity Continues!
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:08:22 AM »
http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=RT22240&prodTitle=Remington%20Centerfire%20Pistol%20Ammo

And they're "Out Of Stock" at that price, which means it's selling. Check out the prices of some of the other calibers. This is nuts!   Bill T.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: $41.76 A Box For 9 MM Ball! The Insanity Continues!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:02:23 AM »
WOW :o :o :o
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:23:04 AM »
I just bought 2 boxes of Blazer Brass @ Megamart for 9 bucks a box.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:51:02 AM »
Georgia Arms is still carrying it in the $14.50/50 range.   Less for bulk.

http://georgia-arms.com/9mmluger.aspx

Stopped by there Wednesday and they had some in stock.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 12:39:21 PM »
I have 1,200 rounds of 9 MM Ball on order from Cabela's for under $350.00 delivered. If it comes in somewhat of a timely fashion, I'll order another 2,400 rounds. The price is going nowhere but up.   Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:36:15 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 12:53:40 PM »
Ammo is just like anything else (gasoline, food)....as long as people are willing to pay the asking price without backing away.....especially if they don't really need it, they will continue to charge exorbitant prices.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 01:09:42 PM »
Copper, brass, and lead prices have steadily fallen over the past year, while ammunition prices have continued to go up. This is driven totally by demand, and has in fact little to do with raw material prices.  Bill T.

Trevor

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »
Regardless of demand, or the irrationality of the demand, it is price gouging.  I quit using the retailer in question years ago because of poor customer service.  It seems their contempt for customers continues unabated.  Vote with your feet, people.  You know the way to the exits.

sanjuancb

• Top Forum Member
  • The years teach much which the days never knew.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »
I went to the Georgia Arms website and it is actually $21.75 /50 for 9mm...
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

a1abob

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 02:53:00 PM »
The problem with Georgia Arms is 5-7 weeks before shipping, thats a long wait at any price.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk