Author Topic: Nut House!  (Read 3693 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nut House!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 06:35:02 PM »
Timothy... are you looking for an everyday home water filter or for emergency use?.. my emergency use system is a 5 gallon (.1 micron absolute filter) bucket system from Sawyer.... they have a .02 micron system for virus...the filter media is strands similar to blood dialysis membranes, and can be back flushed with a supplied syringe

if you have a lot of sunlight, you might look into the SODIS system using natural UV wavelength from the Sun, in transparent 2L bottles..

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »
.02?  Wow.  UV will do it. 

I remember something on the Best Defense Survival where Michael Janich referenced the same thing.  He said something about a code on the bottle that signified it was a grade of plastic you could drink from.

Anyone remember what that was?

I also sent Michael Janich an email through this system to ask what it was.  We'll see if he responds...I don't know if he get's notifications about these emails or not.  He's been great to respond in the past.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 10:35:26 PM »
Les, we?re looking for an every day solution to relying on bottled spring water for my wife.  She?s hesitant to try ?purified? water from the market and falsely believing ?spring water? is more safe...

I built water purification systems years back but not for potable systems.  They were deionizing in nature to prevent radioactive cross contamination.

I need to convince her I?m eliminating chlorine and related chems and eliminating bacterial contamination.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 01:04:45 PM »
Be sneaky, open a bottle, poor out 25%  refill.  Put it back in the fridge.  Next time she asks you to get her a bottle of water grab that one.   Open it for her.   She will think you are being nice.

I got mine off of drinking pure bottle water that  way.  In less than a month  i was at 100% tap water. Granted we had great tap water, but the look on her face when i told her was priceless
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 04:37:03 PM »

I got mine off of drinking pure bottle water that  way.  In less than a month  i was at 100% tap water. Granted we had great tap water, but the look on her face when i told her was priceless

Tried that...

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:04:13 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 08:00:55 PM »
Tried that...

Does she like lime/ lemon water or cucumber  water?   Maybe a pitcher of that in the frig might work.

I onow mine is stubborn,  but she will at least own being wrong.... you know the 1 in a million chance that is....

I see where ca is declaring marshal law  is many places.  Why and i not surprised  that they would do that.   Makes me sick to think how much its changed in the ast 40 years
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 09:47:10 PM »
Timothy... this is a newer version of my .1 micron 5 gal bucket Sawyer system... I have pre drilled the hole, but covered it with clear tape, and the filter, hose, and back flush syringe are kept in the sealed bucket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7RZ6cKM7Y

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk