Author Topic: Took the wife to look at .22s this morning...  (Read 4639 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Took the wife to look at .22s this morning...
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
I have the Sig P220 with the .22 conversion kit. Retail it's a pricey way to go (I didn't get either retail, BTW) but it's a great plinker, and the only difference between the two calibers is recoil. Lots of recoil in the .45ACP. OK, that and the cost of the ammo.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
Of the .22s I have the 22/45 is my favorite, then the Ruger Mark II, and finally my NAA mini.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 05:28:19 PM »
I wouldn't own any semi auto .22 for plinking or competition except the BuckMark.
Training or carry of course have different requirements

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 08:01:17 AM »
I work at a gun range.  We rent guns, as well as sell them.  The Sig and Walther suck.  Very ammo sensitive.  I personally am not a huge fan of the 22/45 because I always hit the mag release when I am shooting it, but other than that, it is a fine, accurate, reliable gun.  The MK3s are more to my taste. (Actually think the MK2 is the best, and wish Ruger would have left well enough alone)  The MK series of guns lots of folks find difficult to put back together, but once you get the hang of it there is nothing to it. )  The SR22, although I find it ugly as sin, has proven to eat everything you feed it.  Someone mentioned the Browning Buchmark, another good choice.  
Life Member of the NRA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk