Author Topic: Gun range safety diminishing?  (Read 5605 times)

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun range safety diminishing?
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »
Odyessey, my pat answer is to get out of Illinois and Chicago.  The problem is you find uneducated people and jerks everwhere.  I also know that it may not be possible for you to leave the realm of King Richard due to work, family etc.  If however you do choose to leave and are able to do so, just come around the corner of the lake to Michigan.  While not as gun friendly as some states it's better than Illinois. My sportsman club has numerous members from Illinois.  Just double check the MI gun laws for possesion by non residents to make sure your in compliance.  If you do come over, I won't even affectionately call you a FIP. ;D
Here is a link to my sportsman club:   

http://www.bcsportsmansclub.com/aboutus.htm

The last few years they have also hosted the Compton Traditional Bowhunters Rendevous:

http://www.comptontraditional.com/read.cfm?id=4
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 08:38:10 PM »
My range was founded in 1916 and has never had a gun related accident.  It is a small range and we have noone but ourselves, about 450 members, to monitor and correct each other.  If anyone gets more than two reports of poor safety or gun handling problems, they are brought before the board and monitored for some length of time to remain as members.  Guests are welcome but the member is responsible and can lose privilages if they get out of line.

We sponser IDPA and pin shoots that are open to the public and the rules are explained quite clearly before all competitions.  We're not afraid to correct someone when it's a matter of safety.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »
A real quick $.02 on this topic....maybe all those non-shooter folks who ran out and bought a couple of guns when Obama got elected now are showing up at ranges. Since they really aren't into shooting like a dedicated shooter would be, they have diluted the overall safety of ranges where they show up... just a thought.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk