Author Topic: Treating a leather holster  (Read 17676 times)

Coca-Cola Kid

Re: Treating a leather holster
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 12:44:16 PM »
I carried for over 20 years in law enforcement and other environments, and have carried concealed for over 15 years.  So again, I have a fair amount of real world experience.  I imagine there are folks here who have more experience than I.

I find it hard to believe that none of your guns show holster wear if they're "in and out of the holster constantly."  Be that as it may, it is what it is.

And yes, obviously, we each have our own opinion as to how holster wear occurs and the cures for it. 

I'll refrain from further comment on this subject.    Best of luck to those here in their endeavors to learn the how's and why's of making holsters.   8)

Timothy

Re: Treating a leather holster
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
For the sake of abrading metals with softer materials.

I've seen dozens of examples of cardboard polishing stainless steel to a mirror shine in the past.  We built all our ventilation out of 304SS with a #4 finish (think kitchen sink grain) and shipped it wrapped in cardboard cartons.  Anywhere the cardboard was in contact with the metal was a problem.  We ended up redoing all of our packaging as a result.

I have no doubt that leather would do much the same over time.  Personally, holster wear adds character to a gun anyway!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk