Author Topic: FNP-45  (Read 5984 times)

outrider

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FNP-45
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 08:51:49 AM »
Rayban...yes I considered installing a toe plug....the retension is basically a friction fit with a small amount of pressure with the bottom screw.  I also thought about the thumb break design and will probably build one to see if it is any better.  Obviously if the light is removed the holster is totally useless...and I explained that to the guy at the gun shop...if his customer wants to carry without the light he has to get a second holster which conforms to the shape of the gun.

Actually...in my opinion I would not carry such a huge package as this one.  but then again I am of the old school and even though I have carried for over 40 years I still prefer a large enough caliber in the smallest package....when I was an LEO I carried a standard Colt Combat Commander in 45 ACP off duty.  Unles your a member of a tactical unit..what good does such a huge gun do fo you....IMHO
Proprietor:  Outrider Gun Leather
Outrider (Formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA)
SASS #2353
BOLD 895
Custom Leathersmith

Slowhand Bob

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FNP-45
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
As you know I like the simple screw style retention devices, they allow quick and easy changes as the holster changes over time.  My last two carry guns were the Officers model and now the New Agent.  Though not particularly light in weight, they do offer a pretty small package for the .45acp.  Through the years these have been the guns I prefer Kydex for and have used the plastic holsters for 1911s pretty much since probably the early eighties, at least.  I can not remember the name of that first break front that Cooper recommended but it had some features that I really liked but they actually came into their own when a guy named Kytac started making them.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk