Author Topic: ICORE 2014 Postal Match  (Read 3350 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
ICORE 2014 Postal Match
« on: January 05, 2015, 05:21:05 AM »
The scores are in.   I place 61 out of 124 in classic.   Pretty good considering, I drove 3 hours to get there, got out of the truck and shot the match one time.   A lot of clubs are staging the match multiple times so you get to practice.

Now that I have the slicked-up 5" with Apex hammer and internals... I might even move up a notch or two this year.

http://icore.org/

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
Re: ICORE 2014 Postal Match
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 06:53:32 AM »
Congrats Alf!  Great start to the new year!

As I try to crank up my competition this year one of my goals is to allow more time between travel and shooting.  My weekly winter leagues are a fifty mile drive, summer trap is only seven miles to one range and 15 to the other, but USPSA is 95 miles west and 115 east.  I have a bad habit of screaming to the match, hopping out, rushing around, and finally taking that deep breath minutes before I start shooting. 

I advise youth I coach to show up at the range early, get their gear to the ready area right away, sign in, then sit down in a quiet area and decompress for a while before shooting.  Let's see if I can walk my talk.

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:50:41 PM »
Nice shooting Alf.  8)

What m58 says about getting to a shoot early certainly works for me. I get up 4 hours early if the shoot is in the morning, 5 hours if the drive is more than 1 hr away.
Breakfast, shower, drive is all done in an unhurried fashion and I minimize the caffeine intake.
I even have the Ipod tunes set to play more mellow music. The last thing I need is Motley Crue, Stone Temple Pilots or Guns & Roses jamming on the way there...those are for the ride home.  ;)   
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 04:19:05 PM »
... and I minimize the caffeine intake.

I even have the Ipod tunes set to play more mellow music.

Yeah, only fresh juice and maybe some type of protein bar on the mornings of shoots. 

I usually listen to NPR, if they're playing music.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 11:46:37 PM »
The Army does not allow their shooters to drive prior to a match.  They have specially selected drivers to drive their vans.  The drivers are selected for their attitude, personality, ability to deal with stress, defensive driving skills - including observation way in advance, and ability to keep their mouths shut and leave the team alone.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:53:24 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk