Author Topic: 3V Gear React EDC Folding Knives  (Read 69 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
3V Gear React EDC Folding Knives
« on: May 04, 2024, 05:05:04 AM »
I didn't like the shade of blue on my blue handled knife, so I bought the tan handled one. I think I showed them on here before but I'm not sure. My friend, Sarge gets the blue one as soon as I throw everything in a box for him and get to the post office. It took me awhile to find out who his preferred shipper is. Someone, I think it was UPS left packages out by the road next to his mailbox instead of bringing them to the house and they were stolen. Something like that, I can't remember exactly what he said. I threw all my cardboard boxes in the trash, but got a few more since then. 3V also makes the knives with black handles, and all 3 colors come in your choice of smooth or grooved. The blades can be Black Coated, Stone Washed, or TI Coated, so there are 18 combinations you can make with each blade design, and there are 14 designs, including plain. So that's 252 combinations in al! My knife had some gunk on it I had to scrub off with Soft Scrub cleanser. That left it looking kind of spotty, so after I took the pics, I oiled the pivots of both knives with a lightweight oil from Ed Brown, brushed some Hoppe's gun oil all over them with a toothbrush, then wiped it off. They both look better now. The hardware on the Stone Washed finish looks a lot better to me than the Titanium Coated finish on my Tan knife, so if I bought another React knife I would probably get that or another Black Coated one. The Grooved G10 has more grip than the Plain G10, so I got that on both of them. The pictures didn't turn out very good and I may retake them before I send Sarge his knife and other stuff.

https://3vgear.com/collections/pocket-knives
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
Re: 3V Gear React EDC Folding Knives
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 05:43:55 AM »
MUCH better! The knives come in a custom foam-fitted box with 2 magnetic catches on the right side, where the lid hangs over. You have to pry open the side of the box at the bottom to flip the lid open. I clipped the knives on a stack of scrap paper to keep them upright and laid that on top of another stack of scrap paper. That worked MUCH better than trying to balance them on my bed.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk