Author Topic: Catching up....so what have I missed?  (Read 5140 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Catching up....so what have I missed?
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »
Rush Limbaugh quoted a  "Tyler Durden" article regarding the skewed unemployment numbers on Fri.  ::)

Welcome back Tyler. That's a beautiful dog. What have you missed? Everything.  ;)

There are posts about Project/Operation Gunwalker here, of course we cover a lot of ground and is probably a page or two back in the listings.

Here's the REAL blogger that broke the story,....not some CBS hack.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

Even the Daily Kos can't avoid it,..... ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 08:13:03 PM »
Glad to have you back, Tyler. As far as what you missed, overall not much. Most still discuss the usual stuff. As for me, I've been working a bunch too and shootin' L10 in USPSA (C class now). I went to Area 6 and had fun though "Mike" seemed to hang around too much....I currently have a G35 on layaway which will become my Limited/L10 gun. The Spartan will go SS and G17/G34 will be for Prod. Like you I am interested in a 7.62X39 rifle - Sig 556R. I looked at one at the local shop and I really liked it. But I also want a Ruger GSR too. Too many wants and not enough cash....

And by the way, congrats on your buddy! He's a smart lookin' pup!

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
Good looking Pup!

Don't worry about the lack of AKC paperwork.  The AKC isn't about anything other than control, another worthless organization who's outlived their usefulness.

BTW, cut down on the violet diet, your dog is purple.....

;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 08:46:46 PM »
Good looking Pup!

BTW, cut down on the violet diet, your dog is purple.....

;D

Hide him from M'lette! ;D
FQ13

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 06:25:23 PM »
Oh, I forgot to mention one of the reasons why I came back here.

I was looking for a thread on the ATF's "Operation Gunwalker/Gunrunner" scandal.

I am surprised nothing has been pinned or stickey'ed yet.

I did look in the Politics and RKBA section and I didn't see anything there either.

weird!
 ???

Welcome back.

Here's a few related to the subject:
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=15701.0

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=16135.0

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=15813.0

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:53:24 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 07:11:06 PM »
thanks for all the input/advice fellas!

I have been kicking around the idea to reload the 7.62X39mm Russian.  Then the idea hit me that I should look into getting some more mags.

Pffftt!!!!

I might as well have been asking for the Holy Grail or hen's teeth.

I guess C Products went out of business...kinda...sorta    ???

I thought there was one guy on gunbroker selling 5 of the AR 7.62X39, 30 round mags.  I called up the store and the guy who answered the phone said nope those were .223 mags.

Uggh...HUH!  ERR!!!  I know my eyes weren't deceiving me.  The gunbroker ad specifically said 7.62X39 C-products mags for the AR.

So with all my calling around one place said that they expect C products to start shipping those mags again come June 1st.

Which made me scratch my head some more.

anywhooo... I picked up an Argon/CO2 bottle today for my welder.  And I guess tomorrow I will pick up some steel.  from the cast boolits forum, there are some guys there jones'ing for the Mark III version of my ingot moulds.

I guess if C products doesn't come through on June 1st, why! heck!  I might look into making my own mags. 
Why are you worried about C mags? There are plenty of com bloc 7.62x39 mags out there. Try Classic Arms. They had (last I checked) TAPCOs, Yugos, and NK mags at a reasonable price.
FQ13

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 02:58:44 PM »
Why are you worried about C mags? There are plenty of com bloc 7.62x39 mags out there. Try Classic Arms. They had (last I checked) TAPCOs, Yugos, and NK mags at a reasonable price.
FQ13

FQ, he wanted AR mags.

"I thought there was one guy on gunbroker selling 5 of the AR 7.62X39, 30 round mags."
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 12:27:19 AM »
thanks for clearing that up for me.

I just cut up some steel tonight.  I'll be welding up a drop turner target tomorrow.

Anywhoo...I think I will go post a new thread over in the tactical rifle/carbine section...a range report of sorts on my AR in 7.62X39mm Russian.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »
man does my welder make pretty welds.   ;D

it's so easy....even a caveman could do it.   :P

an idea popped into my head for a collapsible fold down drop turner target.

for those that don't know, this is what a drop turner looks like:

that one is made by Mike Gibson Manufacturing (aka MGM), and it is available at MidwayUSA.com :

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=131417

for $294

cha ching$$$

I am working on my first drop turner target, which won't be the collapsible/foldable variety...but for that first one I spent $57 in steel, and I will end up with plenty of steel left over.

I guess I am going to have to learn how to spray paint or powder coat.   :P

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk