Author Topic: Guns That Have Changed Our Thinking & Why??  (Read 16397 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Guns That Have Changed Our Thinking & Why??
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2010, 05:35:15 PM »
hmmm.
 I'm going to say  merkel 1620e  it converted me form single trigger to double trigger.

mini 14, total convinced me that ruger makes crappy rifles.  You could not hit a pie pan at 100 yds with it.  I can hit a clay bird at 100 yds almost every time with a M1 and surplus ammo standing. 
I'm with you on the mini-14. I owned one and loved it under 50 yards, beyond that......Its a shame because it sholud have been the perfect carbine. The M1 carbine only in a useful caliber. I don't know what Ruger did wrong, but this should have been the go to gun for any one in LE or just civilians wanting a solid SD piece. Instead its a very sad also ran. If Ruger could get it right, I'd buy another one tommorow.
FQ13

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2010, 05:46:30 PM »
I tried about 20 diffrent types of ammo, cheap stuff, expensive stuff, hand loads,voodoo... you name it. It was ok for the 1st shot, after that, no telling where your shots were going.  one of only 2 guns I've ever sold.  The only good thing about it was, it functioned. 

we even went so far as to lock it down into a test vise, that was owned by a local gun smith.  the damn thing could not keep it on the paper.  sent it back to ruger, they said it was fine, it was with in thier tolerance.  That pretty much soured me from every buying another ruger product.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
See, I dont like the grip angle on the XD -- or more so that you have a grip safety in conjunction with that grip angle. I'm not a big fan of the Glock grip angle, but I am used to it. I could also get used to the XD grip angle if it did not have the grip safety. I could  not 100% trust myself to have to engage a grip safety in a defensive shoot unless it was more of a true 1911 angle grip.

I also dont care for how light the trigger is on the XD.... its much like the "NY style" Glock trigger.... I much prefer the OEM Glock trigger weight

Have you ever fired an XD?  The grip safety, at least for me, wasn't even a thought.  When you pick up the gun, you disengage the grip safety.  I'm not poopin' on Glocks, I just don't see it as an issue.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »
Have you ever fired an XD?  The grip safety, at least for me, wasn't even a thought.  When you pick up the gun, you disengage the grip safety.  I'm not poopin' on Glocks, I just don't see it as an issue.

Col. Cooper wasn't a fan of the grip safety on the 1911 and recommended it be pinned down to be always depressed.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk