Author Topic: Kansas News  (Read 2610 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kansas News
« on: January 29, 2008, 11:08:59 AM »
I'm sure that each state has their own crap, but here is one of ours.. >:(

Mismanagement in the heartland…
The Kathleen Sebelius story

Kathleen Sebelius delivered the Democratic vision for America this evening from her mansion in Kansas—a state known for its bold leaders, Midwestern determination, and hard work. Sebelius was selected not for these traits, but because she personifies the liberal wing of the Democratic Party.

Sebelius tonight demanded a “national call to action on behalf of the struggling families in the heartland” – struggling families caused by her desire for high taxes and government growth. Meanwhile when western Kansas has the opportunity to create 2,400 new jobs with the building of a new, clean-coal power plant, her administration rejects the idea outright in order to appeal to the radical environmentalist Left. She speaks on behalf of struggling families while ignoring their plight as she poses in extravagant gowns in Vogue Magazine and attends Washington, D.C., cocktail parties.

Sebelius called for a “more effective war on terror,” but unfortunately Governor Sebelius and her fellow Democrats’ vision includes cutting funding for our troops in the battlefield and failing to provide our intelligence community with the tools they need to track terrorists.  If Democrats are serious about national security then they should realize that we must stand with our men and women of the armed services and give them everything they need to fight and win the war on terror.

Sebelius bemoans challenges not met at home, while ignoring determined Kansans who, tonight, continue to rebuild the town of Greensburg, Kansas, just months after it was destroyed by an EF5 tornado 2 miles wide. Greensburg recently completed a new electrical system providing utilities to all residents and is making progress despite Sebelius’ lack of involvement and leadership.

While Kathleen Sebelius gives campaign contributors high paying government jobs and hefty government contracts, thousands of Kansans go jobless. Many of those jobs were taken by illegal aliens who have moved into Kansas’s construction and meat packing industries by the tens of thousands. Instead of taking steps to discourage illegal immigration as neighboring states have done, Sebelius signed a bill giving illegal aliens access to in-state tuition rates. By rewarding illegal immigration, she has ensured that more Kansans will lose their jobs in these industries that were once entirely made up of U.S. citizens.

And while Sebelius has shown she knows how to create government jobs, making Kansas third in the nation in the number of bureaucrats per capita, she has been unable to create private sector jobs. Kathleen Sebelius’ efforts to raise taxes have driven businesses from Kansas, increased state debt, and destroyed the once strong and vibrant Kansas economy.

The President recognized a real Kansas leader this evening - Senator Bob Dole from Russell, Kansas. Senator Dole defines leadership from the heartland: strong, tough, and determined.  It’s unfortunate that national Democrat leaders decided to go in a different direction—putting their stamp of approval on a Governor with a dismal economic record and long history of mismanagement in the heartland.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

CLP

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Kansas News
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 12:16:46 PM »
I laughed when she said they needed more republicans to join her side of the isle to get more of their stuff done.

It could have been worse, they could have used Jennifer Granholm.  Michigan is in a depression!

Recession=When you're out of work
Depression=When I'm out of work

Ronald38

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »
You are right on target about the Guv (Old Grey Mare).  It is sickening to us in Missouri to watch this.  Thanks for the post.  Ron

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »
Marshal'ette,

I just saw on the tube that your esteemed governor has endorsed Hussain Obama for president. :(

We in Michigan have the same problem. Our beauty queen, Jennifer, the gov, has ridden this state right into the ground and just raised taxes again! No one can explain to me how raising taxes at this time will make the state more attractive to business. By by people, jobs and tax base -- it is just stupid! >:(

Aren't we lucky to have Democratic governors? :'(

My brother says the governor of AZ is a good governor and a Democrat. So, I guess it depends on the person.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk