Author Topic: FTF  (Read 3134 times)

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
FTF
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »
Went to the range yesterday and brought 4 different pistols. I had a box of Blazer .45 with aluminum cases, now when I loaded the taurus all rounds fired with no problems until the very last round. After the first FTF I ejected it, reloaded it and it fired. I dropped the empty clip, slammed another in and the same thing happened - the last rnd. failed to fire. When I ejected the last rnd. there was no firing pin mark but the 2nd to the last case ejected and loaded the last one, the trigger pulled and I heared it click but FTF. The same pistol fired everything else (Fed., Win., My own handloads all others had brass cases) without a problem. Any Idea's? Is it the blazer aluminum cases ???
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: FTF
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:58:36 AM »
Went to the range yesterday and brought 4 different pistols. I had a box of Blazer .45 with aluminum cases, now when I loaded the taurus all rounds fired with no problems until the very last round. After the first FTF I ejected it, reloaded it and it fired. I dropped the empty clip, slammed another in and the same thing happened - the last rnd. failed to fire. When I ejected the last rnd. there was no firing pin mark but the 2nd to the last case ejected and loaded the last one, the trigger pulled and I heared it click but FTF. The same pistol fired everything else (Fed., Win., My own handloads all others had brass cases) without a problem. Any Idea's? Is it the blazer aluminum cases ???

;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 10:12:28 AM »
I had a Grendel P10 that would FTF once in a while, then more frequently, then like crazy.  Firing pin had snapped in half in side the pistol and wouldn't get the necessary contact some times...

Do be careful with your gun terminology...

;D

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 10:15:59 AM »
Oh No!

;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:24:49 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 10:42:04 AM »
I really doubt that the case material is going to cause failures to fire, hard primers, or as Texas Bryan mentioned, a problem with your pistol are far more likely culprits.

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:22:52 PM »
SORRY - MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG,MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG,  MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, I promise not to say the C word again
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 08:09:25 AM »
SORRY - MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG,MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG,  MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, MAG, I promise not to say the C word again

All right then.  Carry on.  ;)

;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk