Author Topic: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!  (Read 25754 times)

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »
Thanks Haz. ;)
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »
Thanks M'ette ;D

Haz, did you make some chicken gravy to go with it?

Nope, no gravy.  How could ya?  Can't use the oil as a base for the gravy.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Timothy

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
Nice simple recipe Teresa.  I can already tell it's gonna be good.....

An alternate to add a little kick to the recipe is use buttermilk instead of salted water.  Let the chicken marinade for about two or three hours before dredging...

Also, use safe poultry handling technique....use one set of tongs going into the fryer and another clean one to take it out!

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »
Nope, no gravy.  How could ya?  Can't use the oil as a base for the gravy.

Fried Chicken gravy is the BEST...OMG

Depending on how much chicken and how many people.

Drain most of the oil, but not all. Try to keep all the extra crispies. Add flour stir till desired brown, add cold water stir and bring to boil. Remember to keep stirring so there will be no lumps.

I grew up on this stuff. My wife makes KILLER chicken gravy!!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 05:10:21 PM »
Don't get TO enthusiastic with the stirring, lumps prove it's home made.  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 07:00:26 PM »

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 05:28:06 PM »
Yeah... I TOLD Haz  ::) ((He must have forgot)) to save the crunchys that he strains between fryings if he wants to make the gravy..
 I save all of mine and put them in Tupperware containers and freeze.. That way.. you can have chicken gravy anytime you want to. Take some  ( I use a lot of them) ..put in a skillet.. add a couple teaspoons of bacon grease or lard. When they are sizzling..add flour.. stir for a little bit then I add my heavy cream and half and half to make my *no calorie* gravy..  8) cook til its as thick as you like.. Add those mashed potatoes  and hot biscuits ..and you have heaven... :)

Never EVER throw out any fryings from round steak ..pork chops... chicken...
Ifyou don';t use the fryings at the time for gravy.. put them in old butter dishes or anything and freeze. I usually add some of my grease that is in the skillet to my freezer container too so then all I have to do is chisel a gob out of there when I need it.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »
Yeah... I TOLD Haz  ::) ((He must have forgot)) to save the crunchys that he strains between fryings if he wants to make the gravy..
 I save all of mine and put them in Tupperware containers and freeze.. That way.. you can have chicken gravy anytime you want to. Take some  ( I use a lot of them) ..put in a skillet.. add a couple teaspoons of bacon grease or lard. When they are sizzling..add flour.. stir for a little bit then I add my heavy cream and half and half to make my *no calorie* gravy..  8) cook til its as thick as you like.. Add those mashed potatoes  and hot biscuits ..and you have heaven... :)

Never EVER throw out any fryings from round steak ..pork chops... chicken...
Ifyou don';t use the fryings at the time for gravy.. put them in old butter dishes or anything and freeze. I usually add some of my grease that is in the skillet to my freezer container too so then all I have to do is chisel a gob out of there when I need it.

Bingo!!!!! ;D
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
Got to have some grease for the gravy.  MY mom made the best chicken gravy.  Haven't had it in awhile now as she is gone.  I like gravy with some milk.  My mom always use to stir the flour and milk together first in a very large tall glass before pouring into the pan with the drippings and cracklings.  When I make gravy I use Wondra flour as it is easier and seems to mix better, but I have never made fried chicken or chicken gravy, but might have to give it a try now.

I'm sure the health police would frown on the chicken in this thread and especially M"Ettes gravy with the cream, but man does it sound good and I'm hungry.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »
I will probably cook the chicken on Saturday...... I'll post a range report ;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 06:35:22 PM »
Thank you!!!!! ;D

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk