Author Topic: Thank you guys  (Read 3660 times)

gaterhawk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thank you guys
« on: March 07, 2009, 11:22:47 PM »
I wanted my first post on the forums to be a “Thank you card” of sorts. Out here in West Texas where I live there isn’t a lot of training options. After watching the first few episodes of TBD, I was hooked. The wife has had to make me delete old episodes on the DVR to make room for her shows. I’ve learned a lot from watching TBD. I hope in the future we will be able to buy season 1 on DVD.  I’m one that believes that if you are going to carry a gun, knife, or any other type of weapon for self defense, you have a responsibility to be the most proficiently trained as possible.  So, I send a BIG THANKS to the whole team at TBD and every one behind the scenes that make it happen.  These guys work had to provide us with knowledge, and knowledge applied is my best defense.

Keep up the good work guys
Gater

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Thank you guys
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:30:51 AM »
Gater - welcome to the site. Bummer on having to delete the shows. They will be rerun again starting in June, though. Maybe, like some of the others have seen, they get your wife interested in the show and she might let you keep then recorded.

Remember that TOC is a commercial operation, so there is some hope they may release TBD on DVD. i am not aware, however, that they have any other shows on DVD, but I haven't really looked that hard.

Enjoy.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Michael Janich

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Thank you guys
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »
Dear Gaterhawk:

Thank you for your post and the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy the show.

I empathize with you on the DVD thing. My daughter was the "heroine" on show 10. Obviously, the whole extended family (including all the ones I don't like) wanted copies of the show because they don't get OC. I had to Tivo it and play the Tivo out to a DVD recorder to make copies--and I co-host the show!

We've been pushing hard to get DVDs of season 1 done and made available, but it's been an uphill battle.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Stay safe,

Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk