Author Topic: Wounded Warrior Project = Anti-Firearms Industry  (Read 14995 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Wounded Warrior Project = Anti-Firearms Industry
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »
I'd rather give to the Paralyzed Veterans of America.
They sponsor shooting acitvities that anyone can participate in and are quality people, both staff and members.
http://www.pva.org/site/c.ajIRK9NJLcJ2E/b.6305941/k.9CF4/Shooting_Sports.htm

Charity Navigator gives them VERY high ratings in transparency but low ratings in finances resulting in 0 stars.
(the ratings weigh $$ and transparency backwards IMHO)
They need money!

Here's a link to a story about Charlie Oman who shoots trap events with only one arm:
http://www.pva.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=ajIRK9NJLcJ2E&b=6350111&ct=12490989&notoc=1
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »
Seems common sense has broken out over at WWP

http://www.examiner.com/node/55389381

“We welcome the opportunity to have a warrior on Mr. Gresham’s show to discuss how hunting or events of the like have supported their recovery,” Hay affirmed, reversing the position articulated by the group’s public relations director. “We responded too quickly to his request and should have delved a bit deeper.”
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »
Translation:

Ooooops!  We just bit the hand that feeds us.  Time to back peddle and cover our butts.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »
Yeah...but the whole foolish stance on their part put a spotlight on how little they end up giving to the Warriors.

One for you; one, two, three, four, five, six for me, one for you, one, two, three..........

That revelation is one they cannot back peddle out of.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
Agree with Solus. It's time we stand up to charities such as this. They prey on the sympathies and patriotism of the American people and steal. I will give them neither a dime nor a minute of my time.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:59:11 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
It is like any time light is shed on your activities.  It has been said that it is easier to maintain a reputation than to repair it.  I compare it to putting toothpaste back in the tube.  There is a reason they load those things through the big end!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »
More clarification......which is unrelated to the whole gun industry thing, but tangent to the OP..... I inquired about the percentage of monies used by WWP for actual help for vets.

Below is my question and their reply, including the link to their financials info page.

Me:
As a non-profit organization, how much of each dollar donated goes to expenses and salaries?
How much actually makes it to those that deserve it?
I am more concerned with that aspect than the gun-thing. I read it is only 15% going to use for the Warriors who need it. If that is the case, I find that appalling.

WWP:
Hi Chuck, you've definitely been given some mistaken information. 82.8% of all contributions go to programs for Wounded Warriors and their families. You can review all of our financial information, which also includes detailed breakdowns for all of our program areas on our website here: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/mission/financials.aspx

Thanks for taking the time to make sure your gifts were being used responsibly!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 06:48:43 PM »
Don't take their word for it.
Tyler posted their tax report, do the math.

Line 12   Total revenue                  Prior Year                                       Current Year

$ 40,943,594                                 $ 74,058,348

Line 18  Total Expenses                Prior Year                                        Current Year

$34,388,498                                   $ 57,757,314

Less than 20%                                Less than  33%

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 07:07:22 PM »
Not defending them Tom, but you're using the wrong numbers to determine the percentage going to Warriors.  That should be the total expenses minus salary and fundraising/total expenses.  You posted the percentage of revenue to assets remaining, ie profit.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
OK,  As long as some one does the math.
I don't feel like going back and doing it over.
Tyler posted the returns on the 1st page of this thread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk