Author Topic: Wounded Warrior Project = Anti-Firearms Industry  (Read 15005 times)

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wounded Warrior Project = Anti-Firearms Industry
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
Its still around half, but I'm on the tablet and using the calc while looking at a web page ain't happening
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
I'd have to open another window for Tyler's info, plus a calc.
As you say, Ain't happening.  ;D

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
When I get the chance I'll find my CFC paperwork. They are required to list what percentage of revinue is "overhead"
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

unclejames

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 08:10:17 PM »
I donate blood at the red cross, no one is going to skim off the top of my pint. Also free cookies and juice.

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
I donate blood at the red cross, no one is going to skim off the top of my pint. Also free cookies and juice.

The Transylvanian  food bank thanks you.   ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:20:44 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 09:46:31 AM »

Well, they do sell the blood that is donated to help cover the expenses of the organization.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 10:24:12 AM »
Well, they do sell the blood that is donated to help cover the expenses of the organization.

Worse than that, in the name of political correctness they will accept blood from anybody.  Even if you tell them your blood is bad, or they have you on the list of rejected blood they will still run you through the process, recognize you with awards and pins, and then they will dispose of your donated blood back at the lab.

I can accept their charging for the expenses incurred, but the waste of collecting known bad blood is appalling!

I know this, because following a health issue I had a naturally occurring enzyme in my blood that put me on the lifetime reject list.  I am fine, the enzyme is gone, but I will never come off the list.  They still encourage me to give, because if I go and give it raises the local numbers and looks like "the thing to do" and everybody does it.  By the way, they handle hepatitis and HIV the same way.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »
FTA:
“We don’t get involved in gun issues,” Hay said in an exclusive telephone interview. “That’s not our platform.”

Gresham’s loyal followers obviously have a different perspective. One can safely conclude that henceforth, WWP is going to be ultra-sensitive to anything that may remotely appear like an affront to the firearms community, which includes a lot of veterans, sons and daughters of veterans and mothers and fathers of veterans…and families of those who never made it home.

This year, according to Hay, total cash contributions hit $144 million with expenditures of about $90 million, and the budget for 2013 projects $185 million in revenue, of which $163 million will be spent.

As for the alleged misunderstanding, it began with an exchange of e-mails between Gresham and Leslie A. Coleman, WWP public relations director, who explained, “WWP does not co-brand, create cause marketing campaigns or receive a percentage or a portion of proceeds from companies in which the product or message is sexual, political or religious in nature, or from alcohol or firearms companies.”

Hay told this column that Coleman made a mistake and blamed part of the misunderstanding on the fact that she is apparently new to the job. Hay added that Coleman is the mother of a wounded warrior.

Further, Hay said that when WWP makes a mistake, they acknowledge it. This was a mistake and a misunderstanding, she reiterated.

“That’s why Steve is going on the show,” Hay noted.

Excellent damage control, IMHO.

FWIW, if I were the CEO or EVP for the organization, I'd have said and done the same thing after the fact too.   ::)  ::)  ::)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »
FTA:
Excellent damage control, IMHO.

FWIW, if I were the CEO or EVP for the organization, I'd have said and done the same thing after the fact too.   ::)  ::)  ::)

I would make one change, instead of
"Leslie A. Coleman, WWP public relations director,"
 it would read
"Leslie A. Coleman, WWP former public relations director,
It's one thing if a machinist scraps a part or breaks a tool, but when the person in charge of making you look good causes that kind of sh!tstorm it's a whole new level of messed up .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk