Author Topic: First it was Wayne Lapierre and the NRA, now it is USPSA…  (Read 570 times)

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: First it was Wayne Lapierre and the NRA, now it is USPSA…
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 11:23:43 PM »
The general debasement of society creeps into once proud and august activities.

Victor Davis Hanson Diagnoses The Dying Citizen
https://www.hoover.org/research/victor-davis-hanson-diagnoses-dying-citizen-1

It is sad.

Some point around 2010 is when I saw the culture or sociology at USPSA matches change.

Part of it was everybody started wearing techwear jersey’s like they were actually a sponsored shooter.

The other part of it was the explosion of all the various social media venues. 

Within the past month or two somebody on AR15.com started a thread with a poll basically asking “Why don’t you shoot matches?”

I think it was about a third of the respondents said that the people at the matches rubbed them the wrong way / annoyed them. 

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Why-don-t-you-shoot-matches-Poll-option-for-those-who-do-to-see-the-reasons-/5-2702476/?page=1

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2024, 09:25:39 AM »
First I don’t want to drop the bucks, ~$75, for a TecWear shirt, and secondly I feel so pretentious wearing it.  I do occasionally get the plain cotton match shirt just to show I went. I think I have a Sheepdog and the World IDPA but that’s about it.  Otherwise I wear a S&W logo or my own Club 13 Steel challenge design shirt. Or I go Gary Player in all black.

Because of the controversy my local club held a PCSL style match with the K targets.  It was a first for almost everybody so no attitudes.  It was a fun match.  If USPSA thinks their format is “freestyle” they ain’t seen nothing.

Sadly for USPSA, there are too many other formats and like so many other shooters I’ll just go do something else.  Don’t have time for the drama.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2024, 09:02:05 PM »
The general debasement of society creeps into once proud and august activities.

Victor Davis Hanson Diagnoses The Dying Citizen
https://www.hoover.org/research/victor-davis-hanson-diagnoses-dying-citizen-1

I don't know who you are Catalina...but no doubt we like the way you think.  What's your favorite shooting activity?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk