Author Topic: Konggi  (Read 6623 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Konggi
« on: June 28, 2011, 11:22:53 AM »
My beloved pet of 15 years, had reached her end, as I am out of work, and my wife too, we decided to do it at home, rather than the vet.
She was a Basenji, and for those who don't know they are more like cats than dogs, one of the oldest breeds of dogs and do not bark, long legged like a coyote, so they can see over grass, as they are sight hounds. It breaks my heart that the same rifle, that gave her so much joy, as soon as I picked it up, or she heard it go off, she knew a squirrel was on the ground, and we would have to fight over it. Took her life. The grave was already dug, and I asked her and gods forgiivenes as we laid her to rest.

RIP darling Konggi, Alpha she male.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Konggi
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
She's currently chasing squirrels with my beloved golden retriever, Gen. 

I'm sorry for your loss, Benny.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
M25,  My heart honestly aches for your loss.  You did the right thing but I know how hard that is.  Remember the good times and print some pictures of her.  I did that with the Handsome Boy and just looking at them does help.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:32:20 PM »
I love my dogs like family also. We recently lost our 16 year old lab mix. And 2 others in the last few years. I feel your pain. We still have 2 dogs and a cat to fill the void tho. Sorry for your loss.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »
The only time I have openly wept in the last 20 years was when I had to put my 2 dogs down. So I understand and am right there with you Benny.

Savor the good times, enjoy the memories. You will not forget her as I have never forgotten my little mutt Morgan or the black lab/Dalmatian mix Crash. They are truly your best friends, sent by a loving God to remind you and all of us what unconditional love looks like.

Torry is right beside me, staring at me as only an Aussie can do.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:42:27 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »
Sorry for your loss Benny and I admire your courage to take the matter into your own hands.  I don't believe I could do that myself under the same circumstances.  You're lucky you live where you do as the law here doesn't permit it...

God Bless your friend and companion...

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 08:23:34 PM »
I view the loss of a dog same as loss of a family member.  Condolences.
NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 05:48:55 AM »
Sorry Bennie...we put our old husky down about a month ago and even though she was a relentless pain in the ass, it was very sad- they all become like your children. About 4 months before she left us we got a new baby boy of the jindo variety who has become the light of our lives. There's nothing like a loving pup to brighten those sad moments.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 06:02:49 AM »
My wife and kids had to put down our family member Anna while I was away. My condolences.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »
Having had to euthanize a beloved pet myself, I feel for you Benny, and I am sorry for your loss......you are in my prayers.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk