Poll

Where will the price settle out for 500 round 22LR bricks (Jan. 2018 or later) provided nothing tramatic upsets the 22 LR and general ammunition market.

$15 or less
0 (0%)
$15-$20
3 (21.4%)
$20-$25
7 (50%)
$25-$30
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: 500 Round Bricks of 22 LR  (Read 18541 times)

Timothy

Re: 500 Round Bricks of 22 LR
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »
Believe it or not, MA state law requires that a few private ranges must allow the general public some range time.  The one I use is free on Sundays from 9-1 and has 50 and a covered 100 yard range.  They only ask that you clean up when your done and police your brass.

Also, all state land is available for target shooting unless otherwise posted and you may hunt on private land unless posted by the landowner in a very specific manner and spacing.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »
Believe it or not, MA state law requires that a few private ranges must allow the general public some range time.  The one I use is free on Sundays from 9-1 and has 50 and a covered 100 yard range.  They only ask that you clean up when your done and police your brass.

Also, all state land is available for target shooting unless otherwise posted and you may hunt on private land unless posted by the landowner in a very specific manner and spacing.

I read that awhile ago and had to come back to make sure it said what I thought it did.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 05:04:52 AM »
Our range is open to the public on weekends. It's not for free, but it's reasonable, ($10 or so). Some people go on to become members, so it's not a bad idea. I don't shoot on weekends. I'm retired so I prefer to go early during the week.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 08:14:58 AM »
I read that awhile ago and had to come back to make sure it said what I thought it did.

It's like that in, as far as I know, all southern states.  Wildlife is a public resource and if you want to keep people off your land there are legal posting requirements.  If not legally posted there is no illegal trespass for hunting.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »
It's like that in, as far as I know, all southern states.  Wildlife is a public resource and if you want to keep people off your land there are legal posting requirements.  If not legally posted there is no illegal trespass for hunting.

Growing up hunting in west MI, even if it was posted, a polite request of the landowner (if available) and a few critters as thanks, generally opened up vast tracts of land!

Same with fishing...

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 04:25:39 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »
Since we're on the subject of land and hunting. Who here feels that these Game Wardens have way too much power? I sure as hell do. I can understand a simple fine if someone deliberately goes over limit on fish. Or takes one a few inches undersize. Or is caught fishing without a license. But these people have the power to seize and confiscate your vehicle, guns, boat, and fishing equipment. Tens of thousands of dollars they can just "take". That's insane!

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that at all. Perhaps in the most blatant of poaching cases of endangered species. Or else some other operation where someone is deliberately violating the game laws. And making a huge financial gain in the process. But that is rarely, if ever the case. And even then, it should be decided by a jury. Not some Game Warden riding around in the woods on the public's dime. I think the power these people have, has gotten completely out of control.

I put most of them into the same class as these idiots in control of these homeowner associations. People have been so wronged by these suburban power crazed morons, they have showed up at meetings and shot people to death. You don't screw with a mans home, or his personal property, and then expect them to just roll over and take it. If I was ever voted into high public office, those are the first 2 assholes I would go after.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2017, 09:00:31 AM »
I don't like the practically unrestricted seizure either.

Don't get me started about HOA's. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
In Minnesota there was a big battle a few years ago over ice fishing houses.  DNR had the power to enter without knocking or without a warrant.  They fought to keep that, and their reason was that if they had to knock people would hide the evidence.  DNR also has the idea that they can rewrite law.  They claim that hunting regulations override laws concerning legal carry - Specifically uncased firearms and handguns carried.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2017, 01:32:07 PM »
Since we're on the subject of land and hunting. Who here feels that these Game Wardens have way too much power? I sure as hell do. I can understand a simple fine if someone deliberately goes over limit on fish. Or takes one a few inches undersize. Or is caught fishing without a license. But these people have the power to seize and confiscate your vehicle, guns, boat, and fishing equipment. Tens of thousands of dollars they can just "take". That's insane!

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that at all. Perhaps in the most blatant of poaching cases of endangered species. Or else some other operation where someone is deliberately violating the game laws. And making a huge financial gain in the process. But that is rarely, if ever the case. And even then, it should be decided by a jury. Not some Game Warden riding around in the woods on the public's dime. I think the power these people have, has gotten completely out of control.

I put most of them into the same class as these idiots in control of these homeowner associations. People have been so wronged by these suburban power crazed morons, they have showed up at meetings and shot people to death. You don't screw with a mans home, or his personal property, and then expect them to just roll over and take it. If I was ever voted into high public office, those are the first 2 assholes I would go after.

Being a game warden is too much like being judge, jury, and executioner. They do whatever they want to, including poaching while on the job.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »
Being a game warden is too much like being judge, jury, and executioner. They do whatever they want to, including poaching while on the job.

Here we couldn't agree more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk