Author Topic: Police find small arsenal in Houston hotel room  (Read 5666 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
Police find small arsenal in Houston hotel room
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:38:54 PM »
Police reportedly find small arsenal, ammunition in downtown Houston hotel room. 1 rifle, 1 shotgun, 1 handgun, and some ammo. That's what is now considered by the media a small arsenal. By that definition I doubt anyone on here doesn't own at least an arsenal of guns. I have a few arsenals worth myself.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/31/houston-police-find-small-arsenal-ammunition-in-downtown-hotel-room.html
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Police find small arsenal in Houston hotel room
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
Sounds like anyone heading to a 3 gun match would meet those specifics.....
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 06:30:54 PM »

Heck, I met those specifics two weeks ago on an overnight Christmas shopping expedition.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »
And that's not even counting the backup guns in case the primary goes down!
Arsenal... ::)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »
That sounds kinda light for a trip to the mall.

I thought I was just prepared.  Now I find out I'm an arsenal.

Sheesh...

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:19:56 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 09:09:02 PM »
Dang...they would have pee'd down both legs if they would have stopped me driving to and from home for Christmas.  4 or 5 handguns and several rifles.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 09:26:39 PM »
At the beach for a week.  An AR with 60 rds. A .357 with 50 rds. And a 9mm shield with 75rds.

Now if I were planning to do some shooting, there'd be at least 2 more guns and 250+ more rounds.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 11:47:16 PM »
We may all have arsenals, but the media are all arseholes.

I feel like I'm on the winning team.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
in 1995 we were returning from Fayetteville, NC from my first NC Tactical 3 gun Match (Kyle Lamb's)... my friend Mikey is a big guy and likes to drive with one hand on the center of the steering wheel, and tends to wander across the lane a little... so we get pulled over by a South Carolina State Trooper...Mikey shows him his military ID ( SF LTC retired) and comes to find out that the Trooper was previously SF enlisted... so we are by the side of the road putting on an impromptu SHOT show, with two additional SC Trooper showing up with the Troopers getting their first look at 4x32 ACOG and my holographic sight...short barreled Benelli and 1100, couple of custom 1911s....and a bazillion rounds of 5.56, 12ga, and .45... we didn't make the news, but the Troopers were shaking their heads a little

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 12:11:20 PM »
I know I am preaching to the choir but here goes anyway.

This crap really gets to me and it seems to be getting worse. Why is it, when listening to the news, no matter what the "crime" is, even when no crime is committed, they always have to bring up the number of firearms the "perp" has? (Redundant question) If someone is traveling between two sites and happens to have 200 firearms and is not in the act of committing a crime and is not a prohibited person what damn difference is it they have firearms with them?

I ALWAYS have at very least 2 firearms on me and at least one long gun (Pistol caliber carbine) and one shotgun in the car. Does that make me some sort of evil felon that needs to be publicly shamed for my actions?

Like a lot of us here I am getting older and my tolerance for stupidity from these nitwits is decreasing exponentially.

RANT MODE------- off
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk