Author Topic: Kansas Legislature Approves Silencer Hunting Bill  (Read 12447 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kansas Legislature Approves Silencer Hunting Bill
« on: April 06, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »
If you're a Kansas resident, there could be a new sound coming soon to your neck of the woods, the sound of...silence?

From this AP story on fox4kc.com:
The Kansas Legislature has approved a bill that would allow the use of silencers for hunting, fishing and fur harvesting. The bill, supported by the National Rifle Association, is awaiting Gov. Sam Brownback's signature. The Hays Daily News reports that the bill received only one no vote in the Senate and was unanimously approved by the House last week.

--snip--

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2011/03/kansas-legislature-approves-silencer-hunting-bill

more and comments at link
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Kansas Legislature Approves Silencer Hunting Bill
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:03:56 PM »
I wish more states would follow their lead.
The comments at the link show that most folks have zero knowledge about suppressors. (too much TV)

I use electronic Pro-Ears when doing ALL shooting, including hunting. 
Works great in MN in November but in AZ in July it's HOT and not very comfortable. A suppressor would be sweet.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:22:02 PM »
my understand the only reason suppressors were made restrictive in the 1st place was fear of poaching.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »
I don't see any sporting problem with it. Sledge is right about the origin of the laws (as some members of my family might attest :o). My only objection would be if fish and game thought the poaching aspect would be an issue, even there, it seems compromises (public vs private land say), could be reached.
FQ13

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:50:01 PM »
Sledge?  ???
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:20:42 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:55:54 PM »
Sledge?  ???
Why do I keep doing this? Well, one theory is that Tom is paying me to claim Tab isn't an American citizen so he can be deported. ;D Sorry, brain fart on my part.
FQ13

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
 ;D

kinda like a .22????

You know where this leads....

;D

I got the trash run for the corner this week,... 8)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 04:57:33 AM »
"Hunting, fishing and fur gathering"?  How does the fishing part work? Are they fish in a barrel? Or are they talking about kill shots like on a really pissed-off Mako? No Makos in Kansas though.... ???
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 05:12:46 AM »
"Hunting, fishing and fur gathering"?  How does the fishing part work? Are they fish in a barrel? Or are they talking about kill shots like on a really pissed-off Mako? No Makos in Kansas though.... ???
Carp. They have very keen hearing. ???
FQ13

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 05:54:50 AM »
Will you will still have to go through all of the Federal BS to buy one?  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk