Author Topic: Connecticut school shooting  (Read 28777 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Connecticut school shooting
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »
Great point!!

What seems to be lost is if mayhem, infamy or revenge is the goal, then a Samari sword (take out the cowering teacher and go for the innocent little ones), a book-bag full of Molotov fire bombs, or PVC pipe bombs work too. The instrument used is not the problem.

That is where you are wrong, If he used a sword or axe it would have been one day local news with maybe one national mention.
But the objective has nothing to do with safety, the goal is to take your guns.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »
Heard on the news in the last day or two that there were no mass murders in this country by juveniles until the late 70's.
So going back say 10 - 20 years before that what happened, what changed?  Ah the 60's!  Lyndon Johnson's great society.  As the products of the 60's reached adolescence is when these events started.  Coincidence? I think not.  You can do whatever you want, it's OK.  There is no shame.  There needs to be shame!

It started then.  The whole 'feel good' experience lead to a lack of respect and a lack of responsibility.

I have heard it in songs and in talking to the children of my generation....

If you are drunk or  high, you somehow aren't responsible for what you do.

The song might be titled   I am my own worst enemy.   Don't know for sure the title...that is just a lyric.

another line from that song....     I was drunk. I didn't mean to call you that.         or close to that.

Sickening to me.  Lack of respect and failure to take responsibility for your actions are the greatest personal failings.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2012, 11:00:35 AM »
That is where you are wrong, If he used a sword or axe it would have been one day local news with maybe one national mention.
But the objective has nothing to do with safety, the goal is to take your guns.

Tom is only right.  

Doing something that would have an immediate impact on saving children's lives, like arming teachers and administrators, will not be on the table.  Saving children's lives does nothing to further the goal of disarming the citizens and having gun totting teachers save the day would do much to discredit it.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
Heard on the news in the last day or two that there were no mass murders in this country by juveniles until the late 70's.
So going back say 10 - 20 years before that what happened, what changed?  Ah the 60's!  Lyndon Johnson's great society.  As the products of the 60's reached adolescence is when these events started.  Coincidence? I think not.  You can do whatever you want, it's OK.  There is no shame.  There needs to be shame!

The media as usual get it wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school-related_attacks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_related_to_primary_schools

July 26, 1764    Franklin County, Pennsylvania, United States    Four Lenape warriors    10–11 dead, 2 injured    10–11    2    Enoch Brown school massacre. On July 26, 1764, four Lenape American Indian warriors entered a log schoolhouse of white settlers in what is now Franklin County, Pennsylvania, near present-day Greencastle. Inside were the schoolmaster, Enoch Brown, and twelve young students. Brown pleaded with the warriors to spare the children before being shot and scalped. The warriors then began to tomahawk and scalp the children, killing nine or ten of them (reports vary). Two children who had been scalped survived.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_related_to_secondary_schools

November 2, 1853    Louisville, Kentucky, United States    Matthew Ward    1 dead       A student, Matthew Ward, bought a self-cocking pistol in the morning, went to school and killed Schoolmaster Mr. Butler for excessively punishing his brother the day before. Even though he shot the Schoolmaster point blank in front of his classmates, he was acquitted.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_related_to_post-secondary_schools

March 11, 1908    Boston, Massachusetts, United States    Sarah Chamberlain Weed    2 dead    2       Elizabeth Bailey Hardee is shot to death by Sarah Chamberlain Weed at the Laurens School, a finishing school in Boston. Weed then turns the gun on herself and commits suicide.[1]

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2012, 01:22:43 PM »
The media as usual get it wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school-related_attacks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_related_to_primary_schools

July 26, 1764    Franklin County, Pennsylvania, United States    Four Lenape warriors    10–11 dead, 2 injured    10–11    2    Enoch Brown school massacre. On July 26, 1764, four Lenape American Indian warriors entered a log schoolhouse of white settlers in what is now Franklin County, Pennsylvania, near present-day Greencastle. Inside were the schoolmaster, Enoch Brown, and twelve young students. Brown pleaded with the warriors to spare the children before being shot and scalped. The warriors then began to tomahawk and scalp the children, killing nine or ten of them (reports vary). Two children who had been scalped survived.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_related_to_secondary_schools

November 2, 1853    Louisville, Kentucky, United States    Matthew Ward    1 dead       A student, Matthew Ward, bought a self-cocking pistol in the morning, went to school and killed Schoolmaster Mr. Butler for excessively punishing his brother the day before. Even though he shot the Schoolmaster point blank in front of his classmates, he was acquitted.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_related_to_post-secondary_schools

March 11, 1908    Boston, Massachusetts, United States    Sarah Chamberlain Weed    2 dead    2       Elizabeth Bailey Hardee is shot to death by Sarah Chamberlain Weed at the Laurens School, a finishing school in Boston. Weed then turns the gun on herself and commits suicide.[1]

We just didn't have CNN and as many sheep back then.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 12:00:18 PM »

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »
If I remember correctly the guy who stated the information was one of the I think Secret Service guys or Military guys that studied threat assessment and mass murders

Not defending the media propagandist, just trying to relate where the statement came from.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
It's still not as bad as the Bath School disaster of 1927. There are other ways to kill kids.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »
If I remember correctly the guy who stated the information was one of the I think Secret Service guys or Military guys that studied threat assessment and mass murders

Not defending the media propagandist, just trying to relate where the statement came from.

He still might be correct.  I don't think I saw any instances of mass shootings performed by juveniles in the links listed.

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk